Author Topic: Outlook Express Problem  (Read 10927 times)

techie101

Re:Outlook Express Problem
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2004, 07:17:15 AM »
1.  I downloaded the scrrun.dll file and extracted it to windows/system
No, as David explained, you must go down one more level to the System32 folder and extract it there (or move it using Explorer)

2.  I redid start/control/add/IE and OE tools/repair.  But it still showed that the scrrun.dll file was missing.
Lets see what happens when the file is where it belongs.  I believe that the file will need to be "registered" into windows which is a simple command operation.  That is why the system does not recognize the file.

You now need to register scrrun.dll: Go to Start/Run...and in the command box, Type regsvr32 scrrun.dll and press enter. You should get a message that the registration was successful.

3.  After emptying the cache I could reinstall IE6.
This is because the "new" installation did not have enough room to put the files into the temporary directory.

4.  I had clicked the box beside Mail in Outlook Express/Maintenance but when I looked for Windows/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook Express------There is still no Outlook Express
Do you mean no folder OE? or NO Outlook Express program?

We're making progress.  Hopefully the solution is at hand.

Techie
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 07:28:11 AM by Techie101 »

emma

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2004, 03:55:03 PM »
  1.  I went to C\window\ system and cut the scrrun.dll file and pasted it in the System32 file.  There was a Drivers file within the System 32 file but I did not touch it.  I closed out of there and typed regsvr32scrrun.dll in the Run. I received this message:

Dll RegisterServer in scrrun.dll succeeded.

2.  There is no OutLook Express folder under the
      Windows/Application Data/Microsoft/
but I do have that program: OutLook Express 6

emma

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2004, 05:22:47 AM »
:) PROBLEM SOLVED :D
My problem of sending double emails will soon be over.  The solution was ever so simple!!  I don't know why one of you didn't come up with the answer sooner.  
I have ordered a new computer!!  It was that easy. Yes, I am sure it will have its own set of trials, but I will know where to come for help.
I thank you for your patience and help.  The problems and concerns posted by others are indeed serious, but it is nice to have fun and fellowship while they are being solved.