Author Topic: Cannot connect to get virus database updates....  (Read 3113 times)

unknowncitizen

Cannot connect to get virus database updates....
« on: August 22, 2009, 06:52:33 PM »
Hi there,
This message to tell you i m not able to connect to avast to get database. I ve never get this problem before. I m on vista home premium using a livebox with orange broadcast. Even if i try to download to install with the universal install packet (about 300kb), it send me back an error connection.... This is really borring and annoying
I know, theres allready post about this but i dont know i doesnt work... and i really dont understand why
Tks for help if you can

Black3agl3

Re: Cannot connect to get virus database updates....
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »
What did u try/do?

Also, does ur internet work? (FF, IE)

unknowncitizen

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 07:41:03 PM »
Hello,
Thanks for your answer. Yes my connection works but this problem. It works with ff but not with IE. ???

Black3agl3

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 07:51:02 PM »
try to set the internet options in avast update to no proxy settings... see if if works... cause I think Orange does not use any proxy settings....
PS I also use Orange as ISP...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:25:54 AM by Black3agl3 »

unknowncitizen

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »
Thank you for your answer.
Well i tryed what you said but it still doesnt work. I even try to uninstall and install again but it still doesnt work (i mean ie8) and avast not much.
Anyway, i m just using this windows vista (and i dont like this for many reasons) for office 2007.
Another reason to keep using Ubuntu linux... I doanload the virus database by myself (cuz it doesnt want to connect by itself) : there was a trojan... So maybe a virus program. I ll scan my vista harddrive under linux and i ll see...
But anyway thanks for your answers Black3agl3  ;)

Black3agl3

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »
U could also try to run a boot-time scan... if that's available on your OS...
PS I'm using Ubuntu right now... :D

unknowncitizen

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »
I m trying under linux. It work and i just downloaded the virus database. SO it s a windows problem...
I just start the scan... i'll tell you more after

Black3agl3

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 12:15:20 PM »
Ok... but if u could get one of the evangelists/moderator/avast team member it would b better... they are more experienced... :D