Author Topic: I HAVE A ?  (Read 3519 times)

DJ G

I HAVE A ?
« on: August 23, 2009, 05:15:49 PM »
when i am running avast scan and i get this notice if i want to del the file or what do i want to do with the page report my computer Freezes i don't know why,,but does any body know what i should do...(can we chat live with avast support staff)?
this is the file name...
c:\\windows\temp\Kw1.\upgrade.exe\$0\kwinzy.dll

this is the malware name ...
win32.adware-gen

please anybody..

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: I HAVE A ?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 05:45:48 PM »
Hi DJ G,

Try a boot time scan with avast! Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested. (Or open the tab at the top left of the scanner screen and select the boot time option from there.)

Select the option to 'Move to Chest' if malware is found.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I HAVE A ?
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »
Are you actually using the avast for Server edition ?

The problem is the detection is within an archive file upgrade.exe and avast couldn't really extract it from there without possibly corrupting it.
As you can see it is in a Temp folder you could a) clear the files in Temp or b)  just the upgrade.exe.

So if you know what the Upgrade relates to, the Kw1 folder, what created it, etc. otherwise I would say you should clear all temp files.

These would help to automate that maintenance task, CCleaner - Temp File Cleaner, etc. or ClearProg - Temp File Cleaner
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security