Author Topic: Exchange 2007 Subsystem waiting to start  (Read 4081 times)

johntankard

Exchange 2007 Subsystem waiting to start
« on: July 22, 2009, 11:02:15 AM »
Hi,

Yesterday my SBS2008 solution was working pretty much ok for one of my clients, today I have noticed on the avast install on the sbs2008 server the Exchange 2007 plug-in is reporting it is waiting for a subsystem to start. I have checked exchange and all services are started and email is flowing fine in both directions, why would the console report it's waiting to start.

Does this mean Exchange 2007 is being protected or not at the moment and if not how do I fix it?

Thanks John

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Exchange 2007 Subsystem waiting to start
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 05:37:36 AM »
Yes, some providers within avast will be waiting till they are needed. Have you checked if the exchange provider runs when you actually are using exchange? And also provide some more details please. Like the OS you are using and such.

wpn

Re: Exchange 2007 Subsystem waiting to start
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:24:03 AM »
Yes, some providers within avast will be waiting till they are needed. Have you checked if the exchange provider runs when you actually are using exchange? And also provide some more details please. Like the OS you are using and such.

he is using SBS2008  thats windows 2008 Small Business Suite :)

if the E2k7 plugin is installed, wouldnt it be logical that the plugin in running all the time since exchange actually is an all time running application?
unless the plugin starts when a new mail arrives, but that would be weird since the mail is arriving already and the plugin isnt scanning for a few seconds