Author Topic: V5 ADMN question (I know it's not out yet but...)  (Read 3134 times)

jdthird

V5 ADMN question (I know it's not out yet but...)
« on: June 01, 2010, 08:18:30 PM »
Alright, I'm trying to find a way to finally get dozens of corporate networks I support off of Webroot, and I know that the blogs mentioned the ADMN for V5 sometime this summer.

My question is, since these are smaller networks, most under 30 PC's, if I were to put them all on standalone versions of Avast 5 Pro, then whenever the new V5 administrative stuff is available, could I then purchase that, put it on their server, and then tie into the existing pre-installed Avast 5 pro stations? Or am I going to have to wait for the new admin tools for 5 to come out before migration and roll them all out via push from the centralized console in order for them to be tied into it?

I just have so many that are coming due this month, or july and August, that I hate buying another year of Webroot and having to deal with it until 2011.  Would much rather just get them migrated to V5 avast then somehow tie it all into a centralized management process after the fact if it can be done that way.

Thanks for any information.

John