Author Topic: Thepiratebay.org is now a malicious site?  (Read 86069 times)

Duffman3005

Re: Thepiratebay.org is now a malicious site?
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2009, 09:59:08 PM »
goodbye AVAST! FOREVER!

Didn't you just read what the dev member posted, it will fixed in an avs update very soon

wishlish

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »
Hello to all,

I'm sorry about this blocking - it is really a false positive. New vps update (it will solve this problem) will be released soon.

Best Regards

Thanks!!!!!!

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2009, 10:00:57 PM »
FBI didn't arrest anyone as they have no jurisdiction here in EU. The site is Swedish. Been around for many years and is considered to be one of the largest torrent sites on the net. A swedish court gave their ISP called Black Internet a fine of 50k euros if they don't stop hosting the site. So they stopped hosting it. The site owners already said they'll just make a switch to another ISP and that's that. The site isn't malicious but some of the torrent's it hosts certainly are. Same goes for every other torrent site.

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2009, 10:01:38 PM »
goodbye AVAST! FOREVER!
I just hate people who keep saying get a better antivirus or even uninstall avast just because it has a false positive.
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

kraftonz

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2009, 10:02:10 PM »
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/thepiratebay.org - See Comments
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/thepiratebay.org - Child Safety is really really low

Ok, it's the third time you write this.

Do you have the Alzheimer Disease ?
please, do not answer.
Thanks.

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2009, 10:05:55 PM »
Feel like i am on IRC with the amount of posts flying in ...

copycat

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
Mr Agent, you sir need to get up from that chair of yours and get some fresh air.  Your last post about read at the end of the youtube vid.... well, i personally didnt see anything shocking that i or anyone with any sense cant find for themselves spread about the EU newspapers and elsewhere.  The guy was scrolling thru google all the while showing TPB as a "green" site... by a AV thats not Avast albeit.  Such a quick judge you are.  I think this is the moral of the whole story here, not with just this lil mishap of a situation admitted by a "higher up".  I'm sure they looked at it and the flood of reports coming in and didnt want to shoot off their mouth so fast as you did quite well yourself, proving your existance in ignorance. 

That is all, have a good... better day :)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:22 PM »
He said its was a false positive and like darth said every torrent site can have a virus. Its depend on who did publish the torrent for the torrent site.

And i can say you should watch what you download also in any time and in any where you surf.

Mr.Agent

PS : All anti virus can have a false positive see AV-Comparative test also its say on how many AV got false positive so if you exit Avast! for only 1 false positive you did got. Well i can say your not going to be ready to see another false positive to the another AV that u did install.

Duffman3005

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:57 PM »
Feel like i am on IRC with the amount of posts flying in ...

Indeed, at least the dev team is admitting the mistake and currently fixing the problem.  Completely re-affirms my fate in the Avast team, GO AVAST WOOOOO!

SayNoToAvast

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2009, 10:09:08 PM »
I noticed this too and my first thought was "now Avast think they are the internet police?" and turned it off,which is a shame because I really like your program otherwise. However, if it is just a false positive then that's good news. I'll switch Avast back on when the update is out. I don't even use pirate bay very often but I wanted to check it out today because of the recent commotion.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
Mr Agent, you sir need to get up from that chair of yours and get some fresh air.

Should i take this for a offense or no ?

I take enought fresh air in a day so if your here to search the trouble your really not welcome.

We are here to discuss no to insult and search trouble.

Also we can all make mistake and its a error human that can happen. We are not perfect in life !!! If we was perfect we would be a robot !

Mr.Agent

kraftonz

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2009, 10:10:46 PM »
To the dev team: Thank you for the fix !

Bye !

:-*

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2009, 10:11:08 PM »
Such a quick judge you are

You should said that to all the people who think avast sucks or its bad just because it made one little mistake.
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

Mr.Agent

« Reply #73 on: August 25, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
Like i said the error is human !!!! ;)

copycat

« Reply #74 on: August 25, 2009, 10:13:34 PM »
Mr. Agent,
just because you visit a site, you dont automatically download a .torrent with mailicous anything... because a .torrent isnt downloaded.  Now thats not to say that a 3rd party ad wont have something.  But your way of thinking of things is way off base sir.  Take a while and read on what exactly is a (bit).torrent

by the way, its not a human error per se, its an error in human thinking/philosophy/perception of reality that you displayed.... dont confuse or contort actual base facts before you go off on another topic of what YOU think or deem IS the problem when in essence you or anyone else had any idea why this was happening