Author Topic: No sound on reg skin or LCARS skin.  (Read 3650 times)

AU4U

No sound on reg skin or LCARS skin.
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:07:34 PM »
I have a copy of WIN7 RC. I did a clean install 3 weeks ago, including AVAST. I have no sound on the skin, both the reg skin and the LCARS skin (my fav!).

From the MENU>SETTINGS>SOUNDS(enabled)>SETTINGS>VPS update>TEST,,,,nothing, no sound.

From the same page,,,,BROWSE>C DRIVE>PROGRAM FILES>ALWIL>AVAST4>ENGLISH>VPSUPD>OPEN>APPLY>TEST,,,,,,,nothing, and this is for the reg skin, not the LCARS, that I so much prefer. What am I doing wrong? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: No sound on reg skin or LCARS skin.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 11:18:31 PM »
Man I won't worry that much about skins... in one month or two we will have avast 5 that won't be skinable...
The best things in life are free.

AU4U

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 12:31:47 AM »
NO skins? at all?????  :'( Lots of people will be screaming for the LCARS skin!!!! >:(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:37:55 AM »
NO skins? at all?????  :'( Lots of people will be screaming for the LCARS skin!!!! >:(
Well... no skins at all... there are screenshots of the new interface in avast blog and here in forums.
The best things in life are free.

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 12:49:35 AM »
Welcome AU4U

I noticed no sounds on Windows 7 so I had to go looking for the avast! sounds.

In avast! Settings go to Sounds then scroll down to avast! antivirus then go to C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ENGLISH Folder to set up each of the individual sounds worked for me.

I like Black Vibe skin myself but the new look of V5 is much better.

AU4U

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 02:45:08 AM »
I have done the sounds allocation, can't get it to work. Reread my 1st post and tell me if I did something wrong.

YoKenny

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 04:51:09 AM »
What Theme do you have installed?

Do you get sounds from system events?

AU4U

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »
No sound what so ever, not even the update pop up. If I go into system sounds, and manually play the sound using WMP or VLC, it plays. Is this a mute point? Is the new build not going to have any sounds, for even the VPS update?

AU4U

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 06:37:21 PM »
Sorry, HAD 'LCARS', reverted back to the original skin. No sound from it, not even from the VPS update pop up.

Program Settings>Sounds>sounds enabled/Settings...>Automatic VPS update>Test,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing!

From the Sounds Page,,,,,,,Browse...>Program Files>Alwil Software>Avast4>English>vpsud>Open>Test,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing,,,,,,,????????????????