Author Topic: User's FAQ  (Read 264589 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: User's FAQ
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2007, 06:36:02 PM »
daddy91, start a new topic as David said.
Also, please, post the last 100-150 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log
The best things in life are free.

daddy91

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 11:53:14 AM »
[Hello Tech,
It's the first time I try and use a Forum and I don't rightly know how to use it. (actually, I didn't take the time to read the content of the "Help" tab). My problem is I don't understand your reply because of some technical words. Please could you tell me whether there is a way of having it translated in French. Thank you !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2007, 01:30:51 AM »
[Hello Tech,
It's the first time I try and use a Forum and I don't rightly know how to use it. (actually, I didn't take the time to read the content of the "Help" tab). My problem is I don't understand your reply because of some technical words. Please could you tell me whether there is a way of having it translated in French. Thank you !
This is how you can start a new thread. Then you can ask your doubts there, not in this 'FAQ' thread.

daddy91

« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2007, 02:25:02 PM »
Thank you, and sorry for this mistake !

florart

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2007, 06:56:04 AM »
I tried to install vista ultimate on my 2nd disk, and tried to use my Avast home that has always worked well on XP. It is not accepted by Vista!! in spite of the fact that the vista upgrading test had reported of only a minor compatibility problem. I was able to install the program, it does not function and any time I try to connect to internet,  it gives me a blue screen and restart the system, are there new drivers that i can use to fix my Avast or I have to change antivirus?? thanks
My system: Intel core 2 duo 2,33 mh, 2 HD maxtor 250 giga, 2 giga ram.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »
I tried to install vista ultimate on my 2nd disk, and tried to use my Avast home that has always worked well on XP. It is not accepted by Vista!! in spite of the fact that the vista upgrading test had reported of only a minor compatibility problem. I was able to install the program, it does not function and any time I try to connect to internet,  it gives me a blue screen and restart the system, are there new drivers that i can use to fix my Avast or I have to change antivirus?? thanks
My system: Intel core 2 duo 2,33 mh, 2 HD maxtor 250 giga, 2 giga ram.
Don't post twice the same. Just double the help effort.
Follow: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=32261

sekelly

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2007, 06:23:45 PM »
I don't know how or where to ask a question about if your Avast FREE Edition is available for the "Murray County Senior Center" Organization.  This is an organization that provides a place for the local Senior Citizens to gather for a meal once a day. They also provide other services for the Seniors.  The Director, Joan Dooley has an office which includes a Desktop Computer for record keeping and making menus of the upcoming meals and other things.  The computer is not used specifically for producing money for the organization. 

Now, this is my question to Avast.  Would the Murray County Senior Center Computer be allowed to use the FREE Avast Virus Program???  If yes, would there be anything extra that would be required to be done to install the FREE Version???  We are regular participants of the Murray County Senior Center and would be very appreciative if allowed to be users of the FREE Version of Avast Virus Scanner.  Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Respectfully,

Steve and Elaine Kelly

217 Cedar Street

Chatsworth, Ga. 30705

steve_elainekelly@yahoo.com

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2007, 06:28:35 PM »
I don't know how or where to ask a question
Start a new thread is the way...

if your Avast FREE Edition is available for the "Murray County Senior Center" Organization.
Although your organization has a lot of merits, they (I'm an user like you) just take discounts to organizations. avast is only free for HOME and simultaneously NON-COMMERCIAL usage.
You can ask any question to sales (at) avast.com

Welcome to avast forums.

crone

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2008, 07:51:40 PM »
Can I operate Avast while operating Stopzilla (spyware protection) or don't run them together

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2008, 08:53:28 PM »
Can I operate Avast while operating Stopzilla (spyware protection) or don't run them together
Better is opening a new thread for asking and not using this one.

Marco77

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »
I have bought a new PC, how can :'( I download avast 4 pro to downloader on my pc?
I have the license key but I dont find the right site on web.
Grazie and sorry for my bed english

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2008, 03:45:00 PM »
I have bought a new PC, how can :'( I download avast 4 pro to downloader on my pc?
You can download avast home here: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

I have the license key but I dont find the right site on web.
Grazie and sorry for my bed english
If you need to register again, go here: http://www.avast.com/eng/home-registration.php

brawny

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »
A friend has recommended I go with Avast after McAfee and I had serious renewal issues. I am not real savvy on computer techno lingo, so am somewhat uncertain about my role in using avast. If it is "easy" and doesn't require great skill, I'd love to try it.

Does Avast change any windows files? Does the uninstaller remove all Avast files?

I have Windows Vista, the Premium Home Edition. I've used Norton, then switched to McAfee for a year.

thank you
Brawny

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2008, 11:46:46 PM »
Hi brawny,
Please create a 'new topic' of your own this one isn't for general questions and we can help in that go to this forum, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0. At the top of the list you will see a 'New Topic' button, click that and repost your question.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

brawny

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2008, 02:37:51 AM »
Thanks DavidR, mission accomplished.

Brawny