Author Topic: bagle/beagle virus + worm variants the solution 02/09/09 d.m.y  (Read 4918 times)

2FD

bagle/beagle virus + worm variants the solution 02/09/09 d.m.y
« on: September 02, 2009, 05:19:20 PM »
After searching the net empty for solutions on this matter- I finally found some usefull stuff.
Seen so many give up (reinstalled their OS)  :'(.

W32/Bagle symtoms:
avast: "Ashavast.exe is not A valid Win32 Application"
Norton: "hangs on install"
bitdefender: "wont install"
f-secure: "virus database is corrupted"
eset nod32: "wont install"
Cant load windows into safe mode "BSD/BSOD/B.S.D/B.S.O.D (blue screen of death)". can not run safe mode. no safe mode. can not load safemode.

I have tried avast, norton, eset nod32, kaspersky, eset sysinspector, f-secure, avast cleaning tool, symantec “W32.Beagle.MO@mm Removal Tool”, “Virus Removal pack for W32.Beagle@mm”, “combi-fix” file (AKA combifix.exe), f-bagle.exe and some online scans (f-secure, kaspersky & bitdefender).

Seems like this BAGLE is one of those vira we never wished to ever see the dayligt.

Solutions I found was:
S1. Run Panda Active Scan (free) - gets your wireless connection back and removes some of the infection.
S2. Run MBAM - Malwarebytes (free) - quick scan removes most of BAGLE and other vira infections.
(recommend to run it again in "full scan" after reboot)
S3. SuperAntispyware (trial) - in trial you are maybe lucky to get your safe mode back, so you can boot in safe mode.
When I ran SuperAntispyware it said : "not a valid win32 apllication"
(/instead of safe mode fixer (shareware - no trial)).
S4. FindyKill (free) - hopefully removes all of bagle variant and gives you safe mode back!
It cleaned my computer and gave me safe mode back! :)
guide: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=185312     
download: http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/116615172019703188/FindyKill.exe
S5. If the 4 above things did not help then I would surgest to use an ubunto live cd (its a free bootable OS) and install avast and do a full scan. guide: http://www.debianadmin.com/avast-antivirus-for-ubuntu-desktop.html

At this point the combi of S1, S2, S3, S4 cured my problems with the W32/bagle.kv.worm, W32/bagle.uv.worm & W32/bagle.RP.worm.
S5 was not nessesary for me :)

1. If you have gotten rid of the bagle vira in another way than I have surgested then post it here.
2. If my or another solution in this topic helped then write which solution worked, your type of bagle and thanks.
3. else dont write in this topic please.

Message from 2FD (TooFriendsDominating)/(2fANCYdOLLS)

Jtaylor83

Re: bagle/beagle virus + worm variants the solution 02/09/09 d.m.y
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
Download Dr. Web CureIt, Avira AntiVir Rescue System, BitDefender Rescue CD or Kaspersky Rescue Disk from a non-infected computer and burn it onto a CD.

ellyca

Re: bagle/beagle virus + worm variants the solution 02/09/09 d.m.y
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:05:46 PM »
After searching the net empty for solutions on this matter- I finally found some usefull stuff.
Seen so many give up (reinstalled their OS)  :'(.

W32/Bagle symtoms:
avast: "Ashavast.exe is not A valid Win32 Application"
Norton: "hangs on install"
bitdefender: "wont install"
f-secure: "virus database is corrupted"
eset nod32: "wont install"
Cant load windows into safe mode "BSD/BSOD/B.S.D/B.S.O.D (blue screen of death)". can not run safe mode. no safe mode. can not load safemode.

I have tried avast, norton, eset nod32, kaspersky, eset sysinspector, f-secure, avast cleaning tool, symantec “W32.Beagle.MO@mm Removal Tool”, “Virus Removal pack for W32.Beagle@mm”, “combi-fix” file (AKA combifix.exe), f-bagle.exe and some online scans (f-secure, kaspersky & bitdefender).

Seems like this BAGLE is one of those vira we never wished to ever see the dayligt.

Solutions I found was:
S1. Run Panda Active Scan (free) - gets your wireless connection back and removes some of the infection.
S2. Run MBAM - Malwarebytes (free) - quick scan removes most of BAGLE and other vira infections.
(recommend to run it again in "full scan" after reboot)
S3. SuperAntispyware (trial) - in trial you are maybe lucky to get your safe mode back, so you can boot in safe mode.
When I ran SuperAntispyware it said : "not a valid win32 apllication"
(/instead of safe mode fixer (shareware - no trial)).
S4. FindyKill (free) - hopefully removes all of bagle variant and gives you safe mode back!
It cleaned my computer and gave me safe mode back! :)
guide: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=185312     
download: http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/up/116615172019703188/FindyKill.exe
S5. If the 4 above things did not help then I would surgest to use an ubunto live cd (its a free bootable OS) and install avast and do a full scan. guide: http://www.debianadmin.com/avast-antivirus-for-ubuntu-desktop.html

At this point the combi of S1, S2, S3, S4 cured my problems with the W32/bagle.kv.worm, W32/bagle.uv.worm & W32/bagle.RP.worm.
S5 was not nessesary for me :)

1. If you have gotten rid of the bagle vira in another way than I have surgested then post it here.
2. If my or another solution in this topic helped then write which solution worked, your type of bagle and thanks.
3. else dont write in this topic please.

Message from 2FD (TooFriendsDominating)/(2fANCYdOLLS)

Hi, this was like a deja-vu. I am a woman of 69 years old, so the first thing was
calling a tech. He was working on it ( in Spanish) for over 4 hours with the result
of "nothing" and the message, I could better forget the whole thing and reinstall
the OS and an invoice of 120 EUR.
I was about to do that when I took a last chance and found....you!!!!
I did everything you told me to do:
I did run Panda ( 4 hours) and 230 infected files and it deleted 10 from them.
I did run MBAM ( in half an hour it scanned the whole thing, found 343 infected files
and deleted 33 pages with bagle worm
Then tried to run SuperAntiSpyware with the same result as you got: "not a valid aplication"
And least but not last I did run "FINDYKILL", and will always be thankful for you and the one
who invented all this!!!!! smile
I am a clean woman with a clean PC again!!!!!!!!!!
And whenever you want to come to Mallorca, just send me a mail Ellyca@hotmail.com

Thanks a lot !!!!!!