Author Topic: Server/client communication issue  (Read 3686 times)

jedisb

Server/client communication issue
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:44:04 PM »
Thanks to the wonderful people on these forums I was able to fix my database connectivity issue. I was able to delete the database and create a new one. But now I have a new problem.

All computers show up in the catalog. Almost all of the computers have a "last communication" data at least a month old. Most are behind in their engine version - 4.7.x.x. When I try to run any kind of client-side task from ADNM on the machines the error code I get is 0x7FFF021, which indicates not enough licenses. But when I check the licensing the customer has an unlimited license. I did find that the license file has not been loaded into the AMS Maintenace Tool. It was still showing the previous year's license. I corrected that issue but it has not solved the problem. I'm still getting the key icons and cannot perform any client tasks.

We have installed the client on a couple of new PCs over the past couple of days (from a network share, not from a deployment package) and these two machines are communicating properly. The have the green icon in the computer catalog. The others have the key icon. (One actually has a red icon although it shows last communication of today.)

There is some kind of communication happening as the policies for user interface settings are being applied immediately to the clients. But no updating or scheduled tasks are running.

How do I fix this?

wpn

Re: Server/client communication issue
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:26:26 AM »
how did the computers show up again?  did u run a discovery task?

maybe you can test with deleting one computer from the ADNM (which has a key at it) then run the discovery task again and see what happens with the status of the computer