Author Topic: Trojan.win32.agent.azsy  (Read 4382 times)

tessnina

Trojan.win32.agent.azsy
« on: September 03, 2009, 06:43:39 PM »
About three-four days ago I got the Personal Anit-Virus page pop up with the l/r tray icon with it. Ran the avast boot-scan. Still there.  Came on the forum and read and followed suggestions in earlier topic on same virus.  Dowloaded both the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware through http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/malwarebytes/mbam-setup.exe and the  SUPERantispyware.  Both seemed to load properly and I had icons on my desk top for them.  I right clicked on the MalwareBytes icon and selected the "scan with malwarebytes" option and then the little hourglass pops up for a few seconds and then...nothing.  Am I doing something wrong?

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
Re: Trojan.win32.agent.azsy
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 07:10:18 PM »
You need to left click the malwarebytes icon twice to open it.Then update the database and run a full scan.
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

tessnina

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 07:34:30 PM »
Yes, did try left clicking twice. Still nothing.  Not sure what you mean by "update the database" something else I should be doing?  Thanks.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:36:10 PM »
It could be that malware is blocking the program. Is SuperAntiSpyware running?

If you are an advanced computer user, you could try these:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17607

Alternatively, post at the MalwareBytes forum or try other anti-malware programs.

A scan with DrWeb CureIT! is worth a try.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 07:42:46 PM »
Yes, did try left clicking twice. Still nothing.  Not sure what you mean by "update the database" something else I should be doing?  Thanks.
You can try renaming the file to something random like 123.exe or xxx.exe
By "update the database",I mean once you have the program running,go to the update tab and click on "check for update"to download the latest virus definition
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

tessnina

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 02:45:55 AM »
I tried what FreewheelinFrank suggested and I must not be that advanced of a computer user because I could not follow the directions from that site-trying to rename the file (I renamed the desk icon-oviously not good enough) and the other suggestion brought up a screen with different highlighted lines and options and I was not sure what to click so just got out.  That darn l/r tray icon is still there and the Personal Anti Virus screen comes up every few minutes. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 05:46:58 AM »
Does SuperAntiSpyware run?

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 06:51:54 AM »
If SAS is not running, o to C/program files/Superantispyware/SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE and rename this file to a random file name. Double click the renamed file to run SAS.

Repeat for the MBAM folder- try renaming to Winlogon.exe, then a random name if that doesn't work.

If that fails, we'll try looking for the rootkit.

hondabot

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 01:13:43 AM »
Had all nortons av running and it never picked it up, now running avast and it is now gone in 4 points, i think norton thinks it is not a danger and lets it carry on running. Goes to show that you don't get what you pay for. I sometimes think if nortons is a virus itself.