Author Topic: avast4 -can't read logs after initial scan  (Read 4201 times)

Willy

avast4 -can't read logs after initial scan
« on: June 14, 2003, 05:23:29 PM »
Just started using the avast4   :) and getting used to it. I do find, I can't review the scan log after I've closed the pgm. Open the pgm. again and the initial scan log where has the entry gone to.  ???  After a scan, I see the report, how can I see it again after closing the pgm. then re-opening it or by itself where is it located if text file.  

Next, it seems avast always finds some problem. No matter what it is , I rarely get a clean bill of health. Any other AV in the past never generated so many warnings and I haven't changed my web visiting habits. Is it that senitive?  :-\   -----Willy

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:avast4 -can't read logs after initial scan
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 12:36:59 AM »
If you want to persist the results, you need to tell avast that you want to generate a "report". To do this, use the settings on the Report page in program settings (accessible e.g. by the right mouse click).

About the "viruses" it finds - you need to be more specific on this. What are the virus names? In which files are they found? Do they reappear even if you get rid of'em once?

Thanks,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Willy

Re:avast4 -can't read logs after initial scan
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 06:56:52 AM »
I finally found the text file that was the report. I used this pgm. roughly 3-weeks. Those files that were infected or reported as such are deleted. Only the restore file under Me restore persist. I finally got rid of those via a dos delete. They didn't come back.  Eevrything ran smoothly and after the recent avast auto update 6/13/03(last one), the scanner reported over 345 trouble files, geewhiz. It just didn't seem right for that to get past a firewall, an online AV scan, a mailwasher, careful handling while online and off. Maybe, but it didn't seem right. Now, it reports nothing, of course the files got deleted and the files with infection aren't any of the so-called hot virii out there.
You want the file I'll sent it.   -----Willy