Author Topic: How do I "un-ignore" an infected file?  (Read 2519 times)

fuzzbuzzle

How do I "un-ignore" an infected file?
« on: September 07, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
When I brought my computer out of standby mode this morning, I had an avast warning that a virus was detected in wizmo.exe.  I had the choice of ignoring this file or deleting it.  I chose to ignore it.  I've since scanned the folder containing wizmo.exe, and avast has not found a virus.  Is this because I told avast to ignore the file?  If so, how do I reset avast to recognize the wizmo file?  I did not want to delete it at the time, because it's a useful tool.  Thanks a lot.

spg SCOTT

Re: How do I "un-ignore" an infected file?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:29:30 PM »
Hi fuzzbuzzle,

As far as I'm aware, the 'ignore ' option is only for that scanning session, so it would be alerted later on when re-scanned.

Can you post the full path of the file and what the detection is?

Right click avast icon-->click 'Avast log viewer'-->click 'warning' section-->look at the bottom of the log (or click the date time header to bring the most recent to the top)

Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log and copy and paste the entry.

Can you find the file using explorer, and right click it and click scan, to be sure?

You could also upload the file to www.virustotal.com and post the link back here

-Scott-

p.s. As I said above, I think this is the scanning method, but I could be wrong. In which case a correction would be appreciated :)