Author Topic: How about ADNM "updating task" wrok?  (Read 4480 times)

kuangshuu6

How about ADNM "updating task" wrok?
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:54:40 AM »
hi.
My English is not good.so if any discourteousness Please to excuse me.  ;)

What is the "update VPS" task in "Updating task" work princliple?

does it First update VPS to ADNM then put it to client ? or it let client connect internet to update VPS ?

My company didn't work in DOMAN, the all work in WORKGROUP.so if some client can't connect internet can be update VPS.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 02:01:35 AM by kuangshuu6 »

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: How about ADNM "updating task" wrok?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 05:55:27 AM »
hi.
My English is not good.so if any discourteousness Please to excuse me.  ;)

What is the "update VPS" task in "Updating task" work princliple?

does it First update VPS to ADNM then put it to client ? or it let client connect internet to update VPS ?

My company didn't work in DOMAN, the all work in WORKGROUP.so if some client can't connect internet can be update VPS.

Hi Kuangshuu,

Is it ok for the language, ni hao kuangshuu.

Ok, let me explain you about VPS as my knowledge and experience that i have.

VPS : avast virus database
You can see in detail at VPS Latest Update History (hxxp://xxx.avast.com/eng/vps_history.html)

With ADNM you can do the push update thru Client Site Tasks - Updating Task - Then you need to define new task at there

Sure, AMS will automatically search for a new update from another server in the worldwide. Afterthat you can check your AMS server have updated then you can asked client with push update or you can set each NetClient do the automatically update.

To avoid in-efficiency bandwidth usage, i propose you to have single update thru AMS and then your NetClient could update from your AMS server, unless you got mobile NetClient then avast will automatically update with nearby server at internet.

I don't really understand your last statement, but normally avast ADNM could working properly either with DOMAIN or Workgroup environment.

Regards,

Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

wpn

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:37:09 PM »
next to the explanation from Yanto

ADNM automaticly downloads the VPS updates
the netclients download the VPS from the AMS (ADNM), the task you see in the ADNM is the task to update the clients with the VPS.

when the clients can not find the AMS then they should automaticly connect to the internet servers to update the VPS

all the VPS updating should run automaticly

kuangshuu6

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 07:36:18 AM »
Thanks Yanto Chiang and wpn to reply.

Today i found ADNM events report "The virus database (VPS 090911-0) was automatically updated." I think that to state client is normal operation for update?

I've setup ADNM like this:
In ADNM windows select "Tasks=>Updating Tasks" right side Double click "Update VPS",in new windows called "Task properties - 'Update VPS' " select "Schendling" and add a new schedule events, just setup schedule time.

After setup like this, Every client(include direct connect Internet and can't connect Internet computer) is can be correct update VPS?

By The Way: In china language 'How are you" = 'Ni Hao'. If some change welcome to China, because China is a very Beautiful and Safety Country.I'm live in Beijing(Peking).

Thans again. Regards,
kuangshuu6(Johnson Zhang in china).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:40:10 AM by kuangshuu6 »

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 01:02:17 PM »
Hi Kuangshuu,

To make sure whether your ADNM do the automatically update, each first time your open ADNM you can check in to : Program Files\Alwil Software\Management Tools\mirror\logs

As long you have a good internet connection, it would trace for nearby server to got a new update.

Your NetClient also could do the automatically update, as long you got a rite setting with your ADNM.
To make sure you could go to your ADNM, then appoint your cursor to Computer Catalog and then do the right clicked and choose Properties. After that choose Updates, in there you can see whether your VPS or Program has set properly.

Yes, correct i also came from chinesse families. So a little bit know about Fu jien hua and Hua yi but born in Indonesia.

Regards,

Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya