Author Topic: MICROSOFT OUTLOOK  (Read 5266 times)

ags2908

MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
« on: September 08, 2009, 09:08:13 AM »
avast seems to have blocked all incoming and outgoing messages for outlook, any ideas or suggestions as to how to overcome this problem?

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 09:40:19 AM »
Hi, what AV was used prior to Avast, what is the OS, what firewall is used?
What sensitivity level do you have for the provider for Outlook? Have you customised it at all?
Any other security programs installed?
Did Outlook work in your current configuration prior to this event, or has it happened as a (apparent) result of installing Avast?

And just connfirm we are talking Microsoft Outlook, here, not Outlook express?
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

MudPuddles

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 11:02:59 PM »
I see this thread has been dormant, but I have the same problem, and would be really grateful for any suggestions.

Using MS Outlook (not Express) on a desktop PC with Windows XP SP3, Avast Home Edition blocks all incoming and outgoing mail.
For incoming mail, the specific error message in Outlook has ref. 0x800CCC90: "Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error... The server responded:ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded(pass:0, process:CCSVCHST.EXE[50]), there is a collision with another program"

Note, on receiving accounts, the number at "pass:" changes occasionally, sometimes 22, sometimes 50.

For outgoing mail, the message has ref. 0x800CCC67: "The server responded: 421 concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded(pass:28, processes:CCSVCHST.EXE[50])"

My previous AV was Norton Internet Security. I have Windows Firewall turned on, but the problem is the same whether that is on or off. The problem has only occurred since I downloaded Avast. If I turn off the "on access protection" I can send and receive with no problem, but then I have no security screen for any emails coming in or going out.

MP

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 11:13:22 PM »
Please uninstall Norton Antivirus, then download and run the removal tool from here (MajorGeeks) or here (Symantec).
It may be necessary to repair your Avast installation from the control panel after doing this.
That should work.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 11:27:43 PM »
Turning it off isn't an option, as having two resident scanners installed is not recommended as rather than provide twice the protection it can cause conflicts that could leave you more vulnerable.

And still have remnants of Norton on your system, that is what is causing the collision, CCSVCHST.EXE:
Ccsvchst.exe is the executable file that belongs to Symantec Service Framework from Symantec Corporation and is added to your system when you install Norton

So when you have decided what AV you are going to keep, having uninstalled Norton (what did you expect me to suggest ;D), I would suggest you also run this tool as Norton can be a real pig to remove.

A link worth looking at, which is a program removal tool that can remove the remnants of a number of different Norton Programs:
Removing your Norton program using SymNRT
Or ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

MudPuddles

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:42 AM »
Hi guys,

Uninstalling Norton did the trick - I had thought it was disabled but obviously this wasn't enough. As soon as it was deleted the send / receive started working, and its just as well because avast picked up multiple infections in 6 emails as they came in.

Many thanks for your help,

MP

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 03:43:11 AM »
No problem, glad I could help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security