Author Topic: Avast Log Viewer Error Messages done away with v 4.8.1351  (Read 2174 times)

W3FSY

Avast Log Viewer Error Messages done away with v 4.8.1351
« on: September 09, 2009, 03:23:57 PM »
Back on February 15, 2009, I posted the topic "Log Viewer Error Message on Start-up and Re-boot of Computer" (under General Topics). I thought I would pass along that I no longer am getting error messages since I started using version 4.8.1351 back in August when it was offered. Prior to that I had the previous version AV and no longer get error messages with start-up and re-boot of the computer. I continue to use the Online Armor firewall, Spybot S.&D. as posted in the previous topic. I didn't want to post to the original post as I feel it could cause confusion.

I do use Firefox's latest version 3.5.2 for most of my browsing, but still use I.E. 6 with SP3 for updating my windows updates. I tried 2 times to install I.E. 7 and each time after installation, I couldn't access the internet at all. ::) I find Firefox fills my needs with few problems other than a slight delay loading of it once the icon is clicked on.

CharleyO

Re: Avast Log Viewer Error Messages done away with v 4.8.1351
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 01:40:12 PM »

We are happy that version 4.8.1351 is working better for you.

At this point and even with SP3, IE6 is very vulnerable. Have you tried IE8?

YoKenny

Re: Avast Log Viewer Error Messages done away with v 4.8.1351
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »
Windows uses IE for everything so updating to IE8 makes Windows Explorer use the more secure IE8 display functions.

IE8 download:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx

Stay Safer Online
The Internet has enhanced our lives in nearly every way. However, as more of the things we do every day depend on the Internet, online crime has risen in turn.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/features/safer.aspx