Author Topic: "website found, waiting for reply"  (Read 3769 times)

gmalego

"website found, waiting for reply"
« on: September 09, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »
All,

Since a couple of days I have been working on vista ultimate 32 bit SP1 over wireless, and have come across a strange issue I did not experience when I was working on an XP pro before. I am running avast free edition, and when surfing the web, after some time, when I open a browser, I get "website found, waiting for reply" and it never gets to the website. I have installed fiddler to debug the browser, and when I start Internet explorer from within fiddler, all works fine. What I noticed, is that stopping the webshield solves the problem, and everything functions as normal again. Has anyone come across this issue, or is this a known bug ?

best regards,

G.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: "website found, waiting for reply"
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 02:52:08 PM »
Can you post the website url (link)?
The best things in life are free.

gmalego

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 03:05:24 PM »
do you mean the link to the page I am trying to view ? http://www.google.be:-)  This is my default homepage, and it works for let's say 2 hours, and then it suddenly gives me the " website found.Waiting for reply". And then I stop the webshield service, close browser, open browser again and all works again.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 12:39:55 AM »
Google servers have had problems last weeks... maybe some glitch by their side...
The best things in life are free.