Author Topic: SYSTEM1888AAVM - scanning error: FATAL: NOT ENOUGH DATA GOT FROM ASYNC IO CONT  (Read 7533 times)

tevion

Good Morning,

i know this problem was discussed http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=29879.0 a few months before.

But, there we could not find any explanation or even solution (besides new installation from the scratch).

The failures written in the logs enduring on my system regardless of avasts version updates (beta or not)
since last installation on 09-29-2007.

I have had no obvious problems with that facts, avast runs like ever without any problems.
It does his great job  :)   No burden for machine or user  ;)

Just to my calm i would know a little bit more about the backgrounds, if possible?

There must be a reason why? And are this failures important?
Does the process itself Avast! preventing from properly doing its work (in the background if absolutely)?
Does nobody other have this or a similar disturbing messages in the logs?

Any comments appreciated.
Tevion

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Like I've said there:

The problem persists... it's being a mystery for me...
Your log is clean, no errors... why the hell are you getting this error? ???
No answers from Alwil team. I don't like mysteries or lack of info/support.
Although, I can't help further is this issue. Sorry.
The best things in life are free.

tevion

Hi Tech,

thanks for answering ... hmm maybe this error logs are most unimportant.

Nevertheless it would be nice from Alwil-Team something calming to hear about it,
for example no broken functionality in the background or something similar  ;D

Tevion

zurich

Hi everybody

I would like to double Tevion's observation. I have excately the same problem. And I would feel much better, if this issues would soon come to a resolvement.

So, are there any news about it?

BTW: I use avast 4.8 Professional , Build: Jul2008 (4.8.1229)

Best regards,

zurich

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
This usually means a component version mismatch.
That is, the (binary) version of the driver not matching the version of the user-mode component(s).

This is usually a severe issue, usually resolvable only by a reinstall of the program. Alternatively, you can try to "repair" the avast installation (Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs -> avast! antivirus -> Change/Remove -> Repair).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

zurich

Hi Vlk,

thanks for your instructions!

Before I was recently starting to follow your instractions, I checked the logs, and I got suprised: On 10/20/2008 17:21 the error has been occured for the last time since then. Until today, it never occured again, even though I did not explicitely, or avast itsself implicitly update or de-/reinstall the avast software at all. Between 20th and 22nd not even Windows did an update, which could explain to me, why it stopped at this time.

Since I am using still the same build, I cannot explain, why it disappeared. Now, should I be more worried or just relaxed about the fact it faded out finally?  ???

Anyhow, thanks for your support!

-- zurich

zurich

and it is back again!!! just out of nothing  :-[  ???

I really wonder what happens here with this strange ERROR nobody really has an answer to?

Is there nobody experiencing the same error???

16.12.2008 17:43:10   SYSTEM   1820   AAVM - scanning error: FATAL: NOT ENOUGH DATA GOT FROM ASYNC IO CONTROL!!!!!!, 00001900.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Have you tried the Repair that Vlk suggested before ?

Personally I keep out of the log viewer unless there is a error that is displayed to the screen and then I go investigating. Are you getting any errors displayed to the screen?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CoPy Cat

Got the same error, however if I go do:

Avast > Standard Shield > Blocker > uncheck all 4 op. under block actions

the error will disappear from the log; I do not
want to do that.

I would love to see a better way to work around this issue; no, I do not
think this has anything to do with a component version mismatch IMHO.
I can understand if this is related to driver issues though...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Well the four options in the Standard Shield, Customize, Blocking tab, aren't enabled by default so this looks like a tweaking exercise without knowing the effect.

I just did a test on blocking renaming operations renamed a .bat file clicked Enter and avast intercepted the rename operation, see image. I clicked Deny and got a windows error, see image2, is that what you are on about ?

I would expect that windows error as a renaming operation has been Access is denied.

I get no errors recorded in the avast log viewer.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CoPy Cat

No I wasn't talking about that, and that's not my problem either.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Well if you tell us what it is then we might be able to help.

Erixy

Hi, just wanna report the same problem. I'm using avast pro on a newly installed server 2008 x64 (configured as a workstation). Everything runs fine until I check the four entries in the blocker tap, the scanning errors begin to flood the event log. Seems like avast tries to block the actions specified in the blocker tap but fails. Also no user prompts (allow or deny) as expected in a normal "blocker" event are displayed.

I know I'm not using avast in a "standard" way.  ;D But looks like a few others using Vista x64 are also experiencing this. So maybe this is not server specific? Hope there's some workaround for it. Feel much safer with the blocker on  ;D Thanks

Avast1900

Regarding the following recurring error in the avast log:
  "AAVM - scanning error: FATAL: NOT ENOUGH DATA GOT FROM ASYNC IO CONTROL!!!!!!, 00001900"

For what it's worth I'm also getting this error on my laptop using
  avast! version 4.8 Professional   (trial)
    Standard Shield sensitivity set to "High".
  Outpost Firewall 2009 Free
  Vista Ultimate x64 SP2

The error does not occur on my desktop PC using
  avast! version 4.8 Home Edition
    Standard Shield sensitivity set to "Normal".
  Outpost Firewall 2009 Free
  Windows XP Home SP3

Tried the Repair option mentioned above.  Error still occurs in log twice each time I restart.

On the Vista laptop I tried setting Standard Shield sensitivity to "Normal" and the error still occurs twice on restart, so I set it back to "High".

Scanning a few individual files just now did not produce the error.
Running a Quick Scan of the C drive also did not produce the error.