Author Topic: New avast user with a question  (Read 5518 times)

scoop

Re: New avast user with a question
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 09:52:56 PM »
@DavidR
Blimey that looks complicated, I will take the tutorial tour and if I am feeling brave maybe have a stab at that. As youve no doubt realised i'm no expert when it comes to computers.
I will let you know how I get on, probably be next week.

Thanks all for your help

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 09:57:03 PM »
hey scoop,

if the tutorial is tedious, better do a scan and post the log here. someone will help you here(when you post). don't change anything until you are asked to do so from anyone here.

you are welcome to the forums.

foot note : time is precious
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 09:59:06 PM by nmb »

scoop

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »
A big thankyou to all who took the time to help me, after a tough week this is the first chance I've had to look at it again.
nmb
Did the uninstall/reinstall process and so far so good, avast is currently up and running and all is well.

DavidR
I thought long and hard about the hijack program but decided to try the above first as it seemed the safer option to me.

Thanks again

scoop

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 10:51:39 PM »
It really isn't that complicated, the tutorial however gives a lot of information which can be overwhelming.

The program isn't dangerous, it is safe as it doesn't actually do anything other than tell you (us) what is going on on your system (up to a point) and we would advise what action to take when you post your logs contents.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security