Author Topic: JS:Pdfka-JS [Expl]  (Read 11260 times)

hello123

Re: JS:Pdfka-JS [Expl]
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 10:22:40 PM »
Yep, you can send an email to the email address above. Although you will have to temporarily extract the file to outside of the chest, then zip it with a pasword and then send it:

You can't do this with the file securely in the chest, you need to extract it to a temporary (not original) location first, see below.

Create a folder called Suspect in the C:\ drive, e.g. C:\Suspect. Now exclude that folder in the Standard Shield, Customize, Advanced, Add, type (or copy and paste) C:\Suspect\* That will stop the standard shield scanning any file you put in that folder. You should now be able to export any file in the chest to this folder and...

...send  the file in a password protected archive to virus(at)avast(dot)com with 'possible undetected malware' in the subject line and the password in the email body.

Then include what I have said above.

-Scott-

When I extract the file to C:\suspect can it still harm my computer or do damage.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 11:46:41 PM »
If you don't activate the file - that is, don't double click it - then you should be okay.

LOADER

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 03:38:07 PM »
Wait!!
In the chest under last time of modifacation the time givien hasn't even happened on my computer clock!

Same thing happened to me. While accessing a web site, Avast popped up a warning "9/18/09 8:00:11 AM   j   4294946495   Sign of "JS:Pdfka-PO [Trj]" has been found in "C:\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\QVQZA5IB\66[1].PDF" file." I moved the file to the chest 9-18-09 8:00:52AM and it logged it as "Last changed 9-18-09 12:00:10PM". My computer clock now reads 9:36AM on 9-18-09 which is the correct time here which is USA eastern daylight time zone, so something wrong with the chest time, I guess.