Author Topic: FRENCH USERS BEWARE!!!  (Read 3596 times)

gdiloren

FRENCH USERS BEWARE!!!
« on: September 14, 2009, 01:22:25 AM »
For those of you who want to download a fresh copy installation of AVAST HOME 4.8, beware that searching google for AVAST sends you to this page:
http://www.avast.com/fre/download-avast-home.html and McAfee SiteAdvisor flags 01.net "RED" so there should be malware there.
Instead, download the setup from the English site (US) because setup can be done in your language (it's downloaded after you choose it) and thus you get the language version of your choice. ALWIL should investigate this site. ???

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: FRENCH USERS BEWARE!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:33:59 AM »
Wot / Finjan / Norton safe web are all GREEN ?
I think McAfee is wrong

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 01:40:35 AM »
That URL is the official avast French language page for the French Language download of avast, see image, reached from your link.

So there is something else going on in your system (DNS redirect) or whoever this system belongs.

Also I wouldn't put any store in Site advisor it is way out of date from many sites and often green flags sites that are malicious and red flags sites that were infected ages ago.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:48:29 AM »
That URL is the official avast French language page for the French Language download of avast, see image, reached from your link.

So there is something else going on in your system (DNS redirect) or whoever this system belongs.

Also I wouldn't put any store in Site advisor it is way out of date from many sites and often green flags sites that are malicious and red flags sites that were infected ages ago.
+1
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 02:15:25 AM »
Another McAfee false positive... if it isn't enough their lack of detection ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 02:25:31 AM »
For those of you who want to download a fresh copy installation of AVAST HOME 4.8, beware that searching google for AVAST sends you to this page:
http://www.avast.com/fre/download-avast-home.html and McAfee SiteAdvisor flags 01.net "RED" so there should be malware there.
Instead, download the setup from the English site (US) because setup can be done in your language (it's downloaded after you choose it) and thus you get the language version of your choice. ALWIL should investigate this site. ???

Why you make a fuss(chaos) about false alarm? Investigate first. It can confuse others users.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:28:46 AM by calcu007 »
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

gdiloren

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 02:53:30 AM »
I don't mean the avast.com site but the button  01.net site you click to download the program. Eventhough it's Mc Afee I don't like it being reported as red (malware). You're right I should have investigated but I'm too busy for that and I leave it in the hands of the interested ones, ALWIL :)

spg SCOTT

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 04:51:30 PM »
You mean the site that the french setup file is hosted?
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/01net.com

Well, I presume ALWIL have researched it thoroughly enough.
Remember WOT/Siteadviser are community based and can be wrongly influenced...

You can still use the one hosted on the site:
http://files.avast.com/iavs4pro/setupfre.exe

(the link is in the same 'box' as the 01net button - the orange text/link)