Author Topic: pop tray and avast  (Read 3324 times)

lian

pop tray and avast
« on: June 04, 2004, 01:08:58 PM »
Hello,
I have just installed Avast Home and I have an enexpected problem with Poptray. I configured Poptray and Thunderbird as said in the help (change pop and name) and if it works perfectly with Thunderbird (I got the  [infected] in the subject), it doesn't seem to work with Poptray (nothing special happens).
So what?

drahnier

Re:pop tray and avast
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 04:24:02 PM »
lian,

I have set up PopTray 3.1.(beta 5) sucessfully on my XP box. I am using it with OE and have no problems with it.

To give you an example of how I set up my accounts:

Name: <accountname>
Server: 127.0.0.1
Protocol: POP3  Port:110
Login:<login name>#<mailservername>
Password:<password>

(replace values in brackets accordingly)
This should work.

lian

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 05:40:54 PM »
lian,

I have set up PopTray 3.1.(beta 5) sucessfully on my XP box. I am using it with OE and have no problems with it.

To give you an example of how I set up my accounts:

Name: <accountname>
Server: 127.0.0.1
Protocol: POP3  Port:110
Login:<login name>#<mailservername>
Password:<password>

(replace values in brackets accordingly)
This should work.

Thank you for your answer. It's exactly what I did (so it works with Thunderbird) with the beta version of Pop Tray and no tag appears in the subject (when Poptray looks on my provider for new messages, I can see in the tray an icon of Avast, so it seems to cooperate. But why no tag ??? I can't understand...).

lian

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 05:57:10 PM »
OK. Problem is solved.
"So in the PopTray OPTIONS, ADVANCED OPTIONS, check the box for "Retrieve body while checking" . This way Avast will be able to look at the whole email and determine if it is infected or not. "
I thank Rdsock for his help.