Author Topic: How to switch off the boot scan  (Read 3100 times)

muzzy

How to switch off the boot scan
« on: June 02, 2004, 05:13:14 PM »
Currently I'm using Avast HE:

Compliation 4.1.396
OS - Windows XP

During installation I chose to scan all disk during bootup of the OS. However, now I'd like to switch it off completely. In the menu after right-clicking on the acast icon in the system bar there is an option to select one path to be checked instead of all the drives, but I'd like to switch it totaly. How can I do this?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:How to switch off the boot scan
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 05:21:20 PM »
How exactly does it behave?
It should perform the scan only once (unless you schedule it again, of course). Does it behave different?

muzzy

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 05:28:58 PM »
Hmmm, you're right. It stopped now after another reboot. I know what was wrong. A had a special modified version of the Task Scheduler service running which in some misterious reason caused Avast to enable the boot scan every time computer was booted. But now everything is OK. Thanks!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 05:33:53 PM »
Task Scheduler? Well, I don't know what's this "special modification", but the avast! boot-time scanner is started using a special registry key (BootExecute) - so the tool would have to reset it back each time it was deleted (by avast, when the boot-time scan was done).  ???

muzzy

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 06:31:08 PM »
Yep, that's exactly what seems to have been happening. But now it's all right after restoring the original service back.