Author Topic: Avast size on disk?  (Read 4994 times)

BrokeIt

Avast size on disk?
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:20:24 PM »
Should Avast take up more room on the hard drive in vista premium compared to basic? Not that the space is an issue, just wondering if they should be the same, thanks.

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
Re: Avast size on disk?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 08:39:38 PM »
Should Avast take up more room on the hard drive in vista premium compared to basic? Not that the space is an issue, just wondering if they should be the same, thanks.

I never try it, but in logic it should be the same. The installer .exe should unpacking the same size of files in all system, shouldn't it? As we unpacking .zip type archives  ???
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

BrokeIt

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 08:47:55 PM »
Not sure, mine seems to take up more space on premium than basic, using the same download from the avast site.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:02:17 AM »
No. The installation size could grow up due to logs, dumps, reports, files into Chest and, on avast 4, size of the VRDB.
For sure, the virus database always grow up.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 05:06:13 AM »
No. The installation size could grow up due to logs, dumps, reports, files into Chest and, on avast 4, size of the VRDB.
For sure, the virus database always grow up.

You are right Tech, I just missed to consider about the time line, and those details you mentioned as the consequence.
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

BrokeIt

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 08:18:23 AM »
Ok, thanks. Another thing I thought about is one is 64 bit and the other is 32bit vista, don't know if that would make a difference.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »
Don't know if that would make a difference.
I don't think so (I mean, the avast folder behavior of growing)... but, of course, files and the whole installation would be different.
The best things in life are free.

BrokeIt

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 01:27:37 AM »
The installation files was what I was referring to, sorry if I didn't make that clear, the folder itself wasn't growing in size, just the initial size upon downloading, thanks.