Author Topic: What is this error message of OGAEXEC.exe at Windows startup? Is it due to virus  (Read 33805 times)

samnetx

My home computer was used by my family relatives for two days when they visited us.

When I used my computer after they are gone four (edit) times it started normally without showing any errors at startup but when I cleaned my temporary files using CCleaner and restarted my computer it gave following error message of OGAEXEC.exe shown in screenshot. I selected cancel from this window to debug. Now I regularly receive this error message when I start my computer. I quick scanned my computer with MBAM and found no virus.

I search the internet for this file and found to be related to Windows Genuine Advantage.  

Screenshot of this error is shown

I never had this error message before. Is my computer is infected by viruses and other security threats?

HijackThis and Winpatrol Hijack log files attached here.

Virus total analysis of file
http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/83c543605bdd1b000e0b029cd7b9bd76c445b5cec57616ba8131bad7c810ed2a-1253355466

How to remove this error?

samnetx
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:09:31 PM by samnetx »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Seems to be associated with a Microsoft update, that may have occurred coincidentally with the relatives using the computer.
Have a look at this.You are not alone.
[edit]=spelling.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline mathboyx215

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
I think that is the office genuine advantage notification
It is not possible to divide anything by zero

samnetx

Thanks Tarq57 for reply. It will definitely solve the error.

I have recently Updated my Windows xp sp3 with Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage Notification as shown in screenshot. I have no startup errors when I updated my computer and used it for three days regularly (starting computer four times daily), it happened only when I cleaned my temporary files with CCleaner (selected with default options).

Today is 19 September, 2009 - Updated with Microsoft Office Genuine Advantage Notification on 16 September, 2009 as shown in screenshot.

samnetx
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 03:46:42 PM by samnetx »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
When you have people, relatives or otherwise visiting, they should only have access to Limited User accounts, like the Guest account (exactly what it was designed for) and no admin group user accounts.

That way if they get in trouble any damage any malware can do is also limited.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security