Author Topic: A quick note of thanks from a techy noob  (Read 3300 times)

MattyPB

A quick note of thanks from a techy noob
« on: September 21, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »
Hi all - I'm not sure if I'm posting in a totally inappropriate part of the forum, or if the relevent people will ever see this message, but heres to hoping...

I just wanted to say a big thanks to the people who created avast!

I had some sort of virus on my system, which was causing it to slow down dramatically and constantly freezing the whole thing up.  I tried loads of anti virus, from trend to bullguard and several other big name ones.

Before Avast!  I tried microsofts Onecare system, which I was pleased with, but it still couldn't eliminate the problem.

Then came avast!  Completely free, and it did what none of the other anti virus programs managed to do.  It completely removed the problem from my PC.  Totally.  I was amazed that so many products that are charged for couldn't solve this problem, and yet something offered for free use was able to deal so effectively with it.

Like I say, I don't know if this is an inappropiate place to pass on these comments, but I had to say something to someone, somewhere,

Yours gratefully

m@
A proper tech noob if there ever was one.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: A quick note of thanks from a techy noob
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 02:15:12 PM »
congratulations  :D :D :D

An her is and here is two programs that works great together with avast
Malwarebytes Antimalware www.malwarebytes.org
SUPERAntiSpyware www.superantispyware.com   

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »
Welcome to the avast family and the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

greyshade

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »

..... Then came avast!  Completely free, and it did what none of the other anti virus programs managed to do.  It completely removed the problem from my PC.  Totally.  I was amazed that so many products that are charged for couldn't solve this problem, and yet something offered for free use was able to deal so effectively with it. ......

Perhaps you'd like to let us in on the name of the creepy crawly that froze your system before avast! came to the rescue? It might offer hope to someone still similarly affected.

.....Like I say, I don't know if this is an inappropiate place to pass on these comments, but I had to say something to someone, somewhere,

Glad you chose here, mattyPB.  :)

Rest assured, you have fallen into some very good company (family, as DavidR says). A-vast-family, so to speak.... the creators (may their tribe increase), an army of converted users like you and me, and the never-say-die dedication of the evangelists on this friendly forum.

Could one ask for more? Do drop in often and share.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 11:05:49 PM »
Welcome! Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 10:29:18 PM »

Welcome to the forums, MattyPB.   :)

Please come back often and learn more.