Author Topic: License MAC  (Read 11230 times)

backporch_p0et

License MAC
« on: February 09, 2009, 06:44:29 AM »
 ??? ??? ???
Okay, last year I downloaded the trial version for 60 days and I never registered after that.  So today, I thought I might as well and get the full version because I don't want the chance to get a virus on my (beautiful) MacBook Pro.  So I registered, confirmed the email, got my registration number and then I installed avast.  It installed fine, but when I went to open it, it said my license had expired... Even though it was a new installation of avast. 

I uninstalled the one I got last year, but could it still be on my Mac and ... I don't know... 

Why is it doing this?  I couldn't find a place where I could paste the new license number I got either... please help.

Oh and I do not have Windows XP or Vista on my mac.  I haven't updated my mac to Leopard either... is this important?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:08:30 AM by backporch_p0et »

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: License MAC
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
??? ??? ???
Okay, last year I downloaded the trial version for 60 days and I never registered after that.  So today, I thought I might as well and get the full version because I don't want the chance to get a virus on my (beautiful) MacBook Pro.  So I registered, confirmed the email, got my registration number and then I installed avast.  It installed fine, but when I went to open it, it said my license had expired... Even though it was a new installation of avast. 

I uninstalled the one I got last year, but could it still be on my Mac and ... I don't know... 

Why is it doing this?  I couldn't find a place where I could paste the new license number I got either... please help.

Oh and I do not have Windows XP or Vista on my mac.  I haven't updated my mac to Leopard either... is this important?

Hallo,
uhm... this behavior is ... intended and correct :). Otherwise, one might re-install the package each 60 days again and again (it's simple - few mouse click) to bypass our licensing policy. Thus, it's NOT possible to gain another 60day trial simply by running the installer again. If you want another 60 day trial, you can reinstall the whole system - then, it's considered to be "clean" machine, and the trial mode would be offered again.

Paid version means you'll buy the Mac license file (NOT number - there are no license keys) and you'll have to insert it to the app (via menubar normally, or using the "change license" button in the initial license-expired allert window).

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »
As Zilog said the Mac version uses a license file (license.dat) instead of a license number. You can purchase the license from the avast website for $39.95. There is no free Mac version.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

ade1

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »
 :-[ i've just purchased a copy of avast pro for the mac. my demo version has already timed out, and i haven't recieved a .dat key email so i can't access the change license. help please!!!

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 11:47:49 AM »
You will need to email Sales(at)Avast.com (replace (at) with @)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

ade1

Re: License MAC: Where's my refund?!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 03:07:01 PM »
i cancelled my order, within an hour of placing it on saturday. they still sent the avast cd package to me, which i recieved on tuesday, which i returned to them same day recorded delivery. (out of my pocket!!!) and i'm still waiting for my refund... i am very unhappy!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:09:20 PM by ade1 »

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 11:09:37 AM »
:-[ i've just purchased a copy of avast pro for the mac. my demo version has already timed out, and i haven't recieved a .dat key email so i can't access the change license. help please!!!

"change license..." button is available directly in then "License expired" alert window. So, the only thing that you need is .. the license file. When you paid and no license file was sent to you, please contact our support (suport@avast.com).

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

juliabaker61

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 12:40:44 AM »
I have a laptop that I also want to put avast on and I would like to get my license number to have the full version on my laptop also

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 08:30:49 AM »
I have a laptop that I also want to put avast on and I would like to get my license number to have the full version on my laptop also

Hallo, there's no license number, but a license file.

regards,
pc