Author Topic: cannot install free avast4 home!  (Read 3531 times)

Cometina

cannot install free avast4 home!
« on: June 03, 2004, 03:55:58 AM »
 Hi guys,
I  downloaded the free home edition of avast 4 THREE times (2 italian, 1 english) but when I open the setup file a message pops up telling me that some components are missing and to update the program... the logfile (?) tells me that I have not enough rights to continue and an error occurred in creating  registry (error code 0x00000005). I absolutely don't know what a hell this means. Is it connected to the previous use of the trial version (now expired) of avast 4 pro?
Thanks a lot!

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
Re:cannot install free avast4 home!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 04:57:46 AM »
Hello Cometina,

It's radicalb21. First let me welcome you to the forum. First let me ask a couple of questions. What operating system are you running? Are you running a limited user account or administrator account. One problem sounds like you don't have enough permission to install the program. What I would like you to do is to uninstall avast! 4 from your system. Then restart your system and then delete the alwil software folder located in program files folder. Then if you are good enough and feel safe editing your registry you will need to delete some registry keys.
If you are comfortable with going into the registry type regedit under RUN. When the registry editor comes make a backup of your registry. Then select EDIT and go to Find and type "avast" minus the quotes and hit enter and when you find something that has avast in it delete it then hit your F3 key to find the next entry until you have been through the entire registry. Then repeat the same above process using the word "alwil". Then restart your system. Also delete temporary files and history and cookies from your system. You can then go to my website and download the file you need as I am an avast reseller. Go to www.v1ru5help.org  and go to the download section and click on the word Download from v1ru5help.org this is the english version. If you have any other problems please don't hesistate to email me through my website or through my email address listed in my profile. Hope this helps.

radicalb21
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:cannot install free avast4 home!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 04:59:36 AM »
Hi guys,
I  downloaded the free home edition of avast 4 THREE times (2 italian, 1 english) but when I open the setup file a message pops up telling me that some components are missing and to update the program... the logfile (?) tells me that I have not enough rights to continue and an error occurred in creating  registry (error code 0x00000005). I absolutely don't know what a hell this means. Is it connected to the previous use of the trial version (now expired) of avast 4 pro?
Thanks a lot!

Please, if you previously installed an avast language you must uninstall it before you try to run a full setup.exe file. This does not occur if you are updating (or adding a language) from the Internet (I mean, connected and not using the setup.exe file).

The component that is missing in the setup.exe file is the other language installed before. If you want more than one language, please, update on-line or download the full setup file (note 24 Mb): http://download1.avast.com/iavs4pro/setupfulpro.exe

Hope this experience help  8)
The best things in life are free.