Author Topic: where to set up automatic action when virus/malware found?  (Read 4660 times)

Offline cska133

where to set up automatic action when virus/malware found?
« on: September 20, 2009, 10:28:00 PM »
hi,

when a virus or malware is found Avast displays popup where is ask me what to do? This is default.
Where can I set up how Avast should react automaticlly without asking me?... I think the script and webguard can be configured to automaticlly block the "the bad stuff". But I can not find that setting in Avast Pro ???

please help

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

llariel

Re: where to set up automatic action when virus/malware found?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 10:42:28 PM »
click on avast! icon

click details

go to standard shield and click customize

go to advance

select silent mode with general answer yes.  after done, do the same steps with web shield and chose silent mode.

Offline cska133

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 11:20:51 PM »
click on avast! icon

click details

go to standard shield and click customize

go to advance

select silent mode with general answer yes.  after done, do the same steps with web shield and chose silent mode.

and what will be the result of that YES?

Offline cska133

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »
in the User Guide, from Page 70, for all the Avast Providers there is an Option "Virus" where you can specify the action when virus is found.
But everywhere it is written the following:
Code: [Select]
Virus
On this page you can specify in advance what action is taken is relation to any infected files. This page is only shown when accessing the resident protection task settings in the Enhanced User Interface and is described on page 58
I dont understand this 2nd sentense? In which case it will be displayed?

can some one explain it please...I hope I will be able to uunderstand it with my poor English :-\

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 12:51:42 AM »
In the avast program there are two Interfaces, The Simple User Interface (SUI) and the Enhanced User Interface (EUI). In the Home version only the SUI is available, in the Pro version both are available, so you should switch to the EUI for greater configurability.

So you need to have switched to the EUI for these options to be available, access the Resident protection task settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline cska133

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 01:18:16 AM »
and how to switch to EUI?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 01:31:30 AM »
I think page 52 in the user guide  ;)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 02:35:33 AM »
Start by, right clicking on the avast 'a' icon, select Start avast! Antivirus, this will open in the Simple User Interface. Click the Menu text/object, or right click in the middle of the SUI or press the F1 key on your keyboard. That should display a Menu list, select the Switch to Enhanced User Interface, see image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 02:51:32 AM »
Automated actions, right now on version 4, is possible only in Professional version (see picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

In Home version you can check the option "Don't show this window again" as soon as the first virus warning appears, and click on "No action" button. This way, nothing will be done and you will be presented the results at the end (and you can perform actions from there).

Or you can use Silent Mode:

Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.
But take a look here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=28088.msg229736#msg229736

Do the same for the and Outlook/Exchange plugin.
The answer Yes in Silent Mode keeps the virus in the file or into the message (attach) and continue the scanning. You can't configure 'delete the infected file' in the Home version.

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea...

Silent mode in the case of the WebShield provider simply means that avast will keep pressing the "Abort connection" button for the user automatically.
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 03:46:35 PM »
cska133 has the Pro version, see quote from his first post.
Quote from: cska133
But I can not find that setting in Avast Pro ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 11:28:24 PM »
cska133 has the Pro version, see quote from his first post.
Quote from: cska133
But I can not find that setting in Avast Pro ???
And I have posted a link to a picture of the "Virus" page where the Pro user can configure automated actions...
The best things in life are free.