Author Topic: Sharepoint 2007 - The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start  (Read 4103 times)

pixelvoodoo

Sharepoint 2007 - The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start
« on: September 22, 2009, 02:32:18 PM »
So i installed Avast for a client on SBS 2008 sp2, now when i view the On-Access Scanner options i get the following message under Sharepoint 2007;

"The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start"

even although when i go to the Avast icon on bottom right of screen, the Stop Provider option shows Sharepoint 2007 as an option to stop, even although it is showing as not started when viewed via the On-Access Scanner page!?!?!?!?

Also annoyingly the Server Deployment Wizard starts every time the server is re-installed.

Any if anyone knew of any documentation to explain the components of this av product, that would be great, all i found is a two page manual for installation which must have been written at 4.55pm on a Friday by someone who doesn't work past 5pm. In specific i would like to find out what exactly Network Shield and Script Blocking does - and i'd like to know what components are recommended for isntallation on a server - i didn't include any IM scanning on the server or P2P, but in the absence of ANY documentation i don't know if these need to be installed in order to be deployed to clients.

wpn

Re: Sharepoint 2007 - The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »
Did u consider using the search function on this forum?? there are a lot of topics considering these subjects

a manual for ADNM professional  can be found at: MANUAL  which is found on the page you could download the installer for professional from: professional download page  the manual is 99 pages....

just use the search function and you will come across some answers already....

IM scanning and P2P  need to be installed ONLY when you are going to use IM (msn, icq, yahoo, aim, and all) or P2P (kazaa, limewire, torent) programs

(edited the wrongly written adnm)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 08:52:39 PM by wpn »

pixelvoodoo

Re: Sharepoint 2007 - The provider is waiting for a subsystem to start
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »
I have only posted because i could not find anything on this forum related to that particular message and sharepoint, exchange -yes, outlook/exchange client - yes, sharepoint - no. The ADNM is if i am correct a tool for distributed network management - currently i want to only get this software functioning on the SBS server and have no requirement for installing or managing clients - if i am wrong in my understanding perhaps you could take a sec to correct.

Thanks for pointing out that as a person who bought the Small Business Server version of the software i must go back to the vendors website and browse the Desktop Protection products for a link to a manual which has at least some info. Does this mean there is no manual specific to the SBS version?

cheers