Author Topic: CD Notification  (Read 4155 times)

Invervagas

CD Notification
« on: June 03, 2004, 10:52:53 AM »
Is it possible to stop Avast from cancelling a shutdown when there is a cd in the drive. I have disable boot from cd/floppy in the bios so there is no risk of boot infections. I often leave a cd in the drive and find it most frustrating when I go to close down the PC only to return and find a little dialogue box preventing the shutdown telling me what I already know

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:CD Notification
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 10:57:02 AM »
Just go to the program Settings and disable this option (in the "Common" page - it's called "Check CDs in drive when logging off").

Invervagas

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 11:00:12 AM »
at the risk of sounding incredibly stupid, where does one find the program settings       :o

Invervagas

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 11:04:22 AM »
I found it was looking only at the right click menu for options thanks for the very prompt help       8)   ;D

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 11:04:42 AM »
First, start the user interface (from the avast! blue tray icon, select "Start avast! Antivirus"). Then, rightclick anywhere into the window and from the menu that will appear, select "Settings".

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 10:57:28 PM »
Invervagas, I'm just wondering... did you turn this feature on (previously) or has it been turned on since you installed the program? The thing is, this feature should (is) turned OFF by default...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Invervagas

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 02:41:24 AM »
I do not recall turning it on but it is quite possible. Its been quite a while since I installed avant so I wouldn't like to swear to it