Author Topic: Win 32:Dialer - B[Trj]  (Read 7996 times)

djsyra

Win 32:Dialer - B[Trj]
« on: June 16, 2003, 03:33:22 AM »
I have looked at the board and found no virus relating to the one I have - WIN 32: Dialer-B [Trj], I have tried to delete,repair, or contain it, but avast can not do anything with it.
What can I do as I am just a step child out here and I am of course lost. Can anyone help short of having to clean out everything and reformatt (again) ?
Iam trying this forum hoping it will help and just short of asking tech. for help ----  Thanks  Dave

Gary

« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 07:25:42 AM by Gary »

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:Win 32:Dialer - B[Trj]
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 08:22:52 AM »
Maybe deleting in Safe mode and delete the Startup for the file (search the registry for the filename) will do it.

And you may try also www.lavasoftusa.com or http://beam.to/spybotsd .

What kind of dialup connection do you use? Cable, ISDN, DSL or Modem?
MfG Ralf

djsyra

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 03:48:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I have a cable connection. As I said before I have to be guiled like a step child as I am not really good with all this tech stuff but I am willing to try .

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 04:01:48 PM »
Whats the (exact) name of the file reported as infected? you can rename it by using the Windows Explorer and start your PC again. Or use/start MSCONFIG.EXE and disable the file under Systemstart.

Or you can download ad-aware from www.lavasoftusa.com install it/update it and let it do the work. Or start the taskmanager(press CTRL+ALT+DEL together)  end/kill the Trojan process(it should have the same name than the infected file), start  Avast and let it delete or rename it.

BTW: Does the Homeedition not support the Move/rename option?
MfG Ralf

djsyra

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 07:46:36 AM »
I want to thank you for telling me to disable my restore system and try to delete it after that .  For some reason after I disabled the restore system and ran the virus scan there was no longer a virus to detect, so I had no chance to delete it or anything.
Once again I am glad that I came into this forum you certainly happy that I did.  
I have restored the restore system and ran a virus scan and guess what ?  No virus found either by avast or norton.  Thanks guys Really!!!!!!!! ;D

bsadowski

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2003, 04:23:12 AM »
You can post this messege at www.spywareinfo.com/forums, and registration is free.