Author Topic: Managed Client don't detect virus  (Read 21581 times)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: Managed Client don't detect virus
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 05:06:12 AM »
Well,

Logically either use NetClient or avast prof have same engine to detect attackers, or something happened with avast NetClient compiling?

Have you checked your avast NetClient configuration and compare with avast prof edition?

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

kosov

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 08:21:04 AM »
Is it question for me, or for developers?

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2009, 04:13:10 AM »
Hi Kosov,

Yes the question is address to you, just wonder is there any miss with your configuration?
Because, as i mentioned that either avast prof or avast NetClient have a same engine. So it would be different, except we are to late to update avast VPS Definition.

regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

elta

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2009, 02:54:52 PM »
avast prof or avast NetClient have a same engine.
Yes, there is same engine in 'Pro and NetClient. But not the SAME VERSION of engine! NetClient has much older one. And it's a common fact that Home\Pro begins to detect new viruses only after engine update, not after signature update.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 04:30:20 AM »
Hi Elta,

Yes that is true,
normally if we check with ADNM there is a differential between NetClient + ADNM engine with Pro/home user one.

chav

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 10:59:39 AM »
Have you checked your avast NetClient configuration and compare with avast prof edition?
I have not compared the INI-files. But I ran Avast with default settings (bug exists). And installed at the maximum level of protection (bug exists).

...But not the SAME VERSION of engine!...
+1 !

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 11:12:17 AM »
Hi Chav,

I mean in avast NetClient GUI setting, have you set the configuration same as like avast professional edition?

Well, if avast tech team already respond you about this. We'll see what will happened with avast NetClient engine in the next future.

nicorac

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 03:11:53 PM »
Same here on my side.
Troian.AutoIt (as it's detected by ClamAV) appeared today in my corporation.

Sorry to read this is a long story and we're all still waiting for an updated netclient edition.
The virus is detected by the Home/Professional version but not from the NetClient.
Both of them have VPS updated to 03/02/2010.

I JUST BOUGHT A 3-YEARS subscription, guys! (I mean AVAST guys)
I feel so stupid; next time I'll install Home (and free) edition through the whole corporation.

The funniest thing is that home edition is more updated than a corporate one... What?
I don't need an update just to have fun, we have a security threat open (3 months ago) and I want it be closed RIGHT NOW!

Please give an answer NOW, or my legal department will quickly give you a call.