Author Topic: Avast not found  (Read 3552 times)

sears54

Avast not found
« on: June 07, 2004, 07:32:40 PM »
When I run zonealarm or the free online scanner Symantec they say they do not see Avast anti virus scanner on this machine...Why is that???? I was just wondering why this happens..Please advise me on what the problem is? ???

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:Avast not found
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 07:39:26 PM »
ZoneAlarm was "sold" to McAfee and Norton. Only these two get recognized by the latest ZA firewall. All others are not (even Pc-cillin,NOD32,F-Secure or avast! are not recognized.

Symantecs Online Security Check is the same nasty thing. It tries to convience you that your current installed antivirus is not really a antivirus so you'd purchase their *cough* crappy *cough* Norton Antivirus. My recommendation? Stick with avast!. Its way better than Norton. Also if you wan't to check your PC with on-line antivirus,i recommend HouseCall or Command On Demand (both can be found on my page) instead of Norton.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 09:57:48 PM »
Sears54 - my advice is to stay away from anything McAfee, Norton (Symantec), or Panda ... since Panda does not encrypt their files correctly.     >:(  

I knew ZoneAlarm was sold to another company but do not know if it was anything to do with Norton & McAfee. The ZoneAlarm website mentions another company.    ???    :(  

Maybe RejZoR has information that wasn't included on ZoneAlarm website or maybe the information has changed since I was there a couple of weeks ago.    ???  

« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 09:58:42 PM by CharleyO »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 10:10:25 PM »
Ok,i'll ask around at Zonelabs on which scan engine is used in ZoneAlarm with Antivirus :D
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

zappafan

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 01:42:03 AM »
As long as the seperate programs work, I think all is alright.
Dont worry.
This is better than just nothing.
The e-mail stuff in ZA is some "new" stuff. So dont bother.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 01:42:30 AM by zappafan »

sears54

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 02:28:48 AM »
 ;)