Author Topic: Mail Protection Wizard  (Read 4267 times)

Copernicus

Mail Protection Wizard
« on: June 04, 2004, 02:59:56 AM »
I'm not sure if I set up may email accounts in the mail protection wizard right.  I use hotmail and netscape mostly, although I'll probably start using Gmail when and if it comes out.  Anyway can you guys walk me through the process of conconfiguring the mail protection wizard for hotmail and netscape (the steps) just so I can make sure I did it right and its protecting those accounts.  Thanks.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:Mail Protection Wizard
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 03:44:24 AM »
avast mail protection wizard does not configure HTTTP based mail clients like hotmail
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Copernicus

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 04:00:47 AM »
Oh, umh, what does it configure then?

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 04:16:17 AM »
POP3 and SMTP based accounts (like used in outlook express)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Copernicus

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 04:48:26 AM »
Could you name some other services that it works with.  Anything and everything besides outlook.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 08:31:32 AM »
Outlook Express
Outlook
The Bat
Mozilla
Mozilla Thunderbird
and many more

The Maxx

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 08:36:39 AM »
It does cover Netscape, so your good on that one.  Not sure if theres anything you need to do to get it to work with Netscape or not.

But as for Hotmail, it use McAfee I believe so you're pretty safe on Hotmail as is.

Copernicus

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 11:07:44 PM »
The Bat is an email account.  I didn't know that when I installed it.  Couldn't open it up so figured it was useless and uninstalled and reinstalled Avast.  Anyway to download "The Bat" seperately, and how does it open?