Author Topic: Avast and MBAM conflict.  (Read 4541 times)

Mickey Way

Avast and MBAM conflict.
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »
(All my Avast updates are up-to-date today.)  I did some heavy surfing today on computer A and computer B. Before shutting down computer A, I updated my MBAM and ran a scan.  It came up with 19 Trojan alerts, all in the registry.  So, I had them deleted.  Ran MBAM again, all clear.  Next, I click on Avast. After the registry scan, a window pops up that says; "UNKNOWN ERROR/ Application cannot load skin function 'usiGetSkin' failed."  So, I click the link below labeled "Read more about", and that fix did not work.  So I went to Add/Remove and did a repair.  After the repair, Avast works as designed.  Then, just out of curiosity, I ran MBAM again.  The 19 Trojan alerts were back! (WTF!).  Once more, removed the Trojans, and again, I ran Avast and got the same "UNKNOWN ERROR" message.

I repeated this same process on computer B and got the exact same resuts.

Now let's talk about computer C.  Earlier this day, I was using this computer, but just for minor stuff (check email, and some other safe sites like WalMart and so on).  I got the same results as A and B.

All three of these computer received the most current updates from Avast and MBAM.

But wait, there's more!  Computer D has not been online since 9 24 09.  Without connecting to the internet, I ran Avast and MBAM, and they both play well together.

Computers A and B (which are connected via a KVM switch) were surfing out in  strange territories today, but computer C surfing was in friendly territories, yet it developed the same problem, so I'm thinking there is something in conflict between Avast and MBAM. 

One more note, I use FireFox with the NoScript add-on.

I'll attach one of the MBAM logs...all three are exactly the same.

Thanks for your help.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Avast and MBAM conflict.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 02:37:14 PM »
Hello Mickey Way,

restore the files which you have deleted from the quarantine.

see this:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=49100.0
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:47:45 PM by nmb »

Mickey Way

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 02:47:08 PM »
Thanks for the quick response and the link.

Pull this one off the grill...it's done!

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 02:48:09 PM »
you are welcome.

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 02:56:58 PM »
it is an active skin module(used for avast skins showing may be avast will open if you open ashSimp2.exe) and it has
crc32:E3296689
md5:99825C8AED2FA0AC76AA0FAD770F44C1
sha1:6D19DE49D974F8645147D3001FE2CDA73ED17742
if your crc32,md5,sha1 it will be a big false positive from mbam so please dont write the solution:
download mbam+sas
restore files and uninstall MBAM.
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 03:02:22 PM »
do not uninstall mbam. false positives happen with everyone. its really a good product. they will surely release a fix. nothing to worry. right now, do not use mbam to scan. after the next update, may be, it'll be fixed. check the link which i gave. i'll update as soon as the fp is fixed.

YoKenny

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »
@superhacker

Your advice seems to be flawed at times and will not endear you with the many other experts here.
Notice that Mickey Way already had the solution when you offered your advice.

Why not read what's going on in this forum? 
Then if you can offer additional assistance then offer your advice.

Offline superhacker

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • superhacker != super mario
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 12:39:23 AM »
micky has a solution:
yes but maybe a trojan depend on this FP and infect pcs and the user of them will think they are in a safe condition"i program a test trojan-dont hurt-has the same name but other contenent pack it then download mbam i scan it then oops it a trojan user think it is fps"so crc32 or or is a best way to know if the file real trojan of fp(best if you cant send viruses to viruslab)maybe i accept fps with my media player,other programs but in system or security systems,no.
"The world is full of fascinating problems waiting to be solved"Eric Steven Raymond;
reading forum:
belive me i spent a lot of time here but i have to go to university,spend time with my friends-striker in my street football team-,work on linux,play fifa 2010-it is a wonderful game-,test new volunerabilities,...so dont blame me blame TIME
additional advices:
i say addition way to solve problem:
check files,uninstall it
/*
Don't get in flame wars on Usenet (or anywhere else)
so if  i have hurt you or make you angry forhive me,
and if you hurt me God forgive you.
Don't call yourself a ‘cyberpunk’, and don't waste your time on anybody who does:
my nickname is superhacker because i love the soud of the chinese hackers in EA Generals:command and con quire
i love to be:MAK OR,25 POUNDS==50CENT IN MY COUNTRY AS A MONEY I HAVE THE SAME SIZE AND BODY SHAPE BUT I AM WHITE ONE so i couldnt be a syrian 50cent:WE ARE ALL BROTHERS.
SORRY IF I ANGRY YOU MAN"listen to <in da club> or <lose your self>
THANKS*/
it is your opinion and i will consider it 8)
                                                               |_|0|_|
                                                               |_|_|0|
                                                               |0|0|0|
Dreams don't die, they just fall asleep.