Author Topic: Home/Pro and Office Question  (Read 2198 times)

YannisA

Home/Pro and Office Question
« on: October 02, 2009, 06:07:31 PM »
I have posted in an other thread a question regarding home/Pro/WHS in "trial period" (no replies/advise so far).
So now here's my new question, relative to my previous one:

In my workplace we use NAV Corporate, but of an outdated version (no malware/adware protection). So I have unistalled the NAV client from my laptop and use AVG free for a year now. No problems at all, except from the poor response during scans.
My laptop is joined to by job's domain.
And now, here's the question.
Suppose that, I purchase the home/pro/whs bundle of avast! (with 10 licences for clients). Will i be able to install a client of this to my laptop (being in a different domain), so as my laptop can be recognized by my WHS and be updated (virus defs) by it, once i connect it to my home network?

PS. It's unlikely to receive a reply (also in this), which will make me to clearly decide which AV product I'll have to purchase for home (including a whs) use.

YoKenny

Re: Home/Pro and Office Question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:58:30 AM »
Maybe your corporate IT staff will frown on your actions.

Is this your own personal laptop?
Is it required for your job to access their corporate network?

YannisA

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 12:43:50 PM »
Yes, it's my own personal laptop.

... and of course, I use the laptop at home and in the office, to access the corporate network.

what are my chances?

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 01:51:24 PM »
I do not know what your Corporate policy is regarding this issue but if it was me and I wanted to continue to work for them I would be hesitant to go against their rules.

You can not run avast! nor AVG along with Nav Corporate and it could be that when the system connects and detects you do not have it installed it could alert IT staff of an intrusion attempt logging your IP and MAC address and they will come looking for you.