Author Topic: Avast failed my computer...  (Read 2470 times)

CasTorr

Avast failed my computer...
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »
I used Avast! -home edition... I had it in Normal protection as it is from the installation. You know what happened? I got lots of virus infections and Avast didn't tell me about them. Then I did scan the whole computer. It found Vitros, Malwares, Trojans and other Viruses about 50! :o I moved them all into chess but it seemed that they just copied them again when I restarted computer. Well.. I ran Boot scan, safe mode scan and other programmes.. It removed files every time. And after every time the viruses came back.:( I noted that my system files were infected so I installed repair isntall of my XP. The system started... and when I tried to scan... The viruses woke up and multiplyed themselves.. I had to format my hard drive and Install OS again to get rid of those viruses... :-\ So YOU shouldn't do like I did! Use High settings in Avast virus protection! Or you may lose all important stuff like I lost my legal Xp and now I have cracked pirate XP:P
Btw. One of these files were "RESTORER32_a.exe" and "reader_s.exe" Avast didn't regonize them..:( If you have those files on your computer you may have a very bad Virus pack like I did.. So be aware! ;)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast failed my computer...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »
1. Which was your old antivirus (before avast)?
2. Vitro could prevent avast to be corrected installed.
3. Do you have the files avast did not detect? Can you send them to virus (at) avast (dot) com ?
The best things in life are free.

CasTorr

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:01:49 PM »
1. I installed Avast when I bought my computer
2. Avast was installed right
3. I lost the files when I had to reformat "C:\"

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »