Author Topic: Antivirus Pro 2010 not detected by Avast Home  (Read 51983 times)

Shubham

Re: Antivirus Pro 2010 not detected by Avast Home
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2009, 06:25:00 PM »
Your virus must not have been that bad then.

I ran NOD32 and it seemed like it came close, at least. The virus wasn't shutting it down, but NOD32 kept saying whenever it detected something that it needs to reboot to delete the infected file. However when I rebooted it, it didn't do anything....it's not like avast which will run a scan before you even log on with your account. I logged on and NOD32 did not even start up. However the one time it DID start up, it just said again that it needs to reboot to delete the file...obviously it's getting owned by this piece of dog crap virus as well.

Strange!!
Did u try Malwarebytes antimalware
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:29:23 PM by Shubham »

Shubham

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »
If yes,try SPYWARE DOCTOR or threatfire.

Shubham

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2009, 06:33:30 PM »
do not worry I will help u to remove that at any cost because I hate that virus more than anything

Shubham

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »
javascript:DownloadRedirect('http://www.2-spyware.com/spyware-doctor.exe','http://www.2-spyware.com/download-doctor.php')

This is a link for the removal tool of av2010.

Hope it works!!

Or try
http://www.spywarevoid.com/antivirus-2010-removal-guide-remove-antivirus2010.html

If none works try AVIRA, I am 90% sure it will work though I never tried

And after u find the infected files , E-mail the to Avast.

Regards,
Shubham
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:43:53 PM by Shubham »

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2009, 06:45:47 PM »
Hi Shubham,

This is a rogue or fake AV program that has it's ever-changing presence on the Internet to scare the **** out of unaware users to make them pay for a worthless fake program that is even inviting more **** onto their machines. The removal of these programs is best dealt through a qualified malware terminator like we have here essexboy and oldman, because they have the ever-evolving tools to do so and the expertise as a trained eliminator.
On the other hand it is true that a decent layered prevention and first and foremost a fully patched and updated Operational System and third party software (Secunia PSI scan) protects because the fake av tools are launched through a pack of known existing exploits and need the cooperation of the user that thinks his machine is infected.
A lot of people are not aware that not all pop-ups and messages are genuine MS messages and click to install malcode because they think it is a genuine Microsoft or computer message. So updating, patching and knowledge will keep the malware away, I would not advice spyware doctor....and it doesn't let you clean the infections without paying, then they will be suspicious. Just my opinion!

polonus

Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Shubham

« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2009, 06:47:00 PM »
Maybe Polonus is right, you should try once
The last option is System restore
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:50:22 PM by Shubham »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2009, 07:07:57 PM »
Shubham,

I have sent you a message using the forum message feature. I don't know whether you can reply or not. but please check.

nmb.

Shubham

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2009, 07:24:35 PM »
I have sent you a message using the forum message feature. I don't know whether you can reply or not. but please check.

I cant reply but I can e-mail if u tell me ur ID.

CharleyO

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2009, 07:26:50 PM »

Make one more post, Shubham, and you should be able to reply to nmb's message. It only takes 20 posts and you now have 19 posts.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
you can message after number of posts is 20. i think its 19. one more to go.

charley you were fast.  ;)

nmb

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2009, 10:44:25 PM »
I am just about to go on holiday but do the following it should clear the majority

Please save this file to your desktop

THEN

Click on Start->Run, and copy-paste the following command (the bolded text) into the "Open" box, and click OK. 

"%userprofile%\desktop\win32kdiag.exe" -f -r

When it's finished, there will be a log called Win32kDiag.txt on your desktop.  Please open it with notepad and post the contents here.

FINALLY

Download Combofix from any of the links below. You must rename it before saving  rename it to Gotcha before saving it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

==================================

Double click on the renamed ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
    When finished, it will produce a report for you. 
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt so we can continue cleaning the system.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2009, 11:25:36 PM »
Hi essexboy,

Very helpful posting there. We'll refer to that. I like to wish nice holidays,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Dch48

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2009, 01:18:15 AM »
I would recommend using 2 free programs to remove any Malware infections. MalwareBytes AntiMalware and SuperAntiSpyware. They are both excellent and go about their businees in somewhat different ways. It is highly unlikely that anything could get past the scans of both of them. The free versions are just as powerful as the paid. The only thing you gain in the paid ones are realtime protection (which should not run in conjunction with an AV) and automatic updates (which aren't needed if you just use them on demand, just run the updater before scanning).

As had been said, the lowlife malware authors change their "products" constantly to avoid detection by security software. You can be sure that they constantly test their products against the latest detection abilities of all of the security products so it's a never ending battle to catch up. You can never be ahead of them unless you have some kind of a behavior blocker or HIPS system installed and even then, it's not 100% sure they won't find a way to get you.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2009, 01:42:27 AM »
Dch48,
The users (avastuser 1000 and Meteora) on the preceding pages of this thread did try the programs you mention. To varying degrees, they have seriously limited access to their systems, and in Meteora's case, the only system utility than can be accessed is Regedit. We're a bit beyond the use of antimalware scanners.

Those programs (especially MBAM, perhaps because it's a smaller download) are often recommended at this forum. I agree, when they can be used, they're darned good.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2009, 06:35:40 AM »
Hello Dch48,

If essexboy has posted, it means all the other scanners which we generally advise have not helped the person.

nmb
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 11:25:08 AM by nmb »