Author Topic: Win 2008 Server problems  (Read 5353 times)

ibsys

Win 2008 Server problems
« on: October 26, 2009, 08:14:54 PM »
I have contacted the Tech support and have opened a bunch of tickets already.
And nothing has been resolved.

The installation has been done on the Win 2008 server.The server has the ADNM and the Server avast! installed.
Problems:
1. the enhanced UI is not available and I can't switch to the enhanced mode. As a result I can not schedule the daily local drives scan
2. in the system tray the avast icon displays "avast! On-Access scanner: 4 providers, 1 running". It seems that the rest of the providers are not running

I have disabled avast self-defense feature and it did not change anything

Please help me to take care it.
The avast was installed about two months ago and I can not get an adequate tech support at all.

More over, I installed the avast for SBS on the other client over the weekend and am having similar issues with 1 provider running out of 6.
Is it normal?

I don't think I can recommended the avast anymore to my clients in the US as there is no technical support except exchanging emails and even that takes days of not weeks :( very said that such a great product does not have a good tech support.

Please help.
Igor

wpn

Re: Win 2008 Server problems
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 07:53:14 PM »
every company has its problems, some deliver great support but a crappy product, some deliver neither, and alwil delivers a great product and in some cases not great support.... i presume its the lack of staff honestly....

1) edit:  i just checked on my 2008 server and after entering the password 2 times (i password protect my client installs) i got the interface...
    check your event viewer for possible errors, maybe reinstall the client on the server....

2) depending on which providers are configured to run, some provider only run when they are needed....
    like the outlook provider only runs when outlook is started, the newsserver provider is only running when you do something with newsservers....
    tho 1 provider out of 6 running doesnt sound like its installed correctly...

if you right click on the avast tray icon do you get a menu? in that menu you can see which providers are installed.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 08:00:58 PM by wpn »

ibsys

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:45:08 PM »
hi wpn,

I reinstalled the AV a couple of times and has been working with the support since the beginning of September.
I asked a couple of times to arrange an on-line meeting and was not able to confirm it - they simply refused.

Also, no right or left click is enabled.

what version of the server Avast you are using (4.7 or 4.8)?

wpn

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
im using version 4.8  from may 2009.

are you able to get in the settings for the program?  if you can, then (just to be sure) remove the password that you see dotted out there
or set a password.... just to try it out :)

is there anything in your eventviewer with errors?

Online Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 06:48:50 PM »
What version of avast! is installed on the server: avast! Server Edition or avast! NetServer?

If you have installed avast! NetServer (the managed version for servers) you have to review your configuration in the Computer Catalog properties to see in the User Interface, and the tray icon is allowed or not.