Author Topic: Kaspersky 2010 vs avast 5.0  (Read 18615 times)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Kaspersky 2010 vs avast 5.0
« on: October 06, 2009, 06:55:43 AM »
Dear avast team,

Currently i am on testing with Kaspersky 2010, anyway it would be a big challenge to us for see the performance from other brands.

My question is whether with avast ver.5.0 will have same function like Kaspersky 2010 which could blocked directly when use try to download file, let example i tried it with eicar.org and download data which infected by viruses/malwares then when i am tried downloaded either by http or https and then kaspersky automatically blocked the webpage? (please see the screenshot)

But in terms of technically setting, Kaspersky more complicated than avast antivirus to set the SSL Encryption shield and avast only activate with check the checkbox without to do deeply configuration.

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Mr.Agent

Re: Kaspersky 2010 vs avast 5.0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 10:08:26 PM »
In my opinion Kaspersky is like Norton. Its got useless things. Dont take this too seriously and offensive. That my point. ;)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »
Hi All,

Yes, sure i dont wanna focus with other brands because i just would like to focus avast antivirus to growth in Indonesia.

But in terms of market requirements and competitiveness, i should try and error all of competitor products to sure how they are performance and quality.

But as Mr.Agent mentioned that Kaspersky same as Symantec which need a huge resources or we can call resources killers.  :P

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Shubham

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 08:06:29 PM »
Kaspersky when scanning will give far so many pop ups that viruses are found and when we try to remove them it says"File not found".
Its very difficult to understand  what the pop ups mean.

BUTTTT, I like Kaspersky's looks very much though avast 5's looks are not bad

avast_junkie

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 08:38:28 AM »

But as Mr.Agent mentioned that Kaspersky same as Symantec which need a huge resources or we can call resources killers.  :P

Regards,
Yanto Chiang

kaspersky pretty good, but it makes your computer become slow, especially on low end system
norton 2009/2010 is very lighweight, both of them is not free ;D
Now i stick with avast, its very fast even on low end system, best of all its free

Dch48

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »
Yes Symantec now is extremely lightweight and actually uses less resources than avast!, but it is not free which has lead me to install avast! free on a system that had been using Norton 2010. So far, so good and I am very impressed with the variety of protection options in a free product. I have even managed to set up scheduled quick scans which work perfectly by making a scheduled task. I am wondering whether AlWil will give us a scheduled scan option in the free version of avast!5