Author Topic: TOTAL NEWBIE NON TEKKIE SOS!  (Read 2182 times)

pyramidnj

TOTAL NEWBIE NON TEKKIE SOS!
« on: October 11, 2009, 09:13:46 PM »
I just purchased the pro version after having installed the free home edition and discovering that I still had a virus on my computer. but only the pro setup icon showed up on my desktop and even after following instructions for pro setup, I never got to the part where I was requested to unlock with the pro key.  The only other icon I have on my desktop is the 4.8 home edition, so I have no clue how to access/use the pro edition.  At this point, I would like to delete the whole think a get a reimbursement.  How do I do that?  There seems to be no way to have direct access to customer service. 

Is anyone able to help me?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
pyramidnj

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: TOTAL NEWBIE NON TEKKIE SOS!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 09:16:00 PM »
To get access to the Pro edition you need to add the license key (received by email) of it.
Where did you buy avast?
The best things in life are free.

pyramidnj

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:24:41 PM »
Thanks for your response.  I have the license key, but there was no where to enter it.  I purchased the product from the Avast website and did the download, as they advised, from download.com.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
Right click the 'a' blue icon. Chose 'About' option. In the right bottom will have a button for the license key. Copy and paste it.
See the tutorial:  http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm
The best things in life are free.