Author Topic: 2 Questions I need Answer  (Read 9496 times)

lava1

2 Questions I need Answer
« on: June 06, 2004, 09:57:20 PM »
Dear Sir or Madam,

I was on my computer this morning and I was in my folder and I deleted a file by accident (setupeng) which I did not know that I was unistalling it until after the operation, So I went Downloads.com and I looked up Avasti to reinstall it and found it.  And it said do I want to replace it and I said no!, because it said I had it the Avasti already.  So I exe it again.  My question is?            1.   I put the same license # to it is that okay or do I have to re-apply to Avasti to get another licence # (it updated your latest version, plus the new current version of virus database 423.3                                                                              
2.    It shows that I do not have a (Virus Recovery Database(VRDB)  Not Done Yet)  what should I do? or did I do something wrong? please let me know!    Iam very new to this so if u take the steps to help me I would appreciate this.  Thanks so much for your help.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 10:22:04 PM by lava1 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:2 Questions I need Answer
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 10:20:22 PM »
Wellcome, but can you rephrase your question?  ;D
Click on button 'Modify' message...
The best things in life are free.

lava1

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 11:02:47 PM »
I did modify I wait to hear from u again thanks sorry about that.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 12:55:09 AM »
1. I put the same license # to it is that okay or do I have to re-apply to Avast to get another licence # (it updated your latest version, plus the new current version of virus database 423.3

You can use the same licence key you received at the first time  8)
If, for any reason, you lost it, you can register again and receive a new key (I suppose you are using avast at home and not for commercial purposes).

2.  It shows that I do not have a (Virus Recovery Database (VRDB)  Not Done Yet)  what should I do? or did I do something wrong?

You didn't do anything wrong.
The VRDB is generated while the computer is idle or when your screen saver activates.
If you want to be generate it right now, please choose the option 'Generate now' on the menu. After some minutes, you will see that you already have the virus recovery database.

Wellcome again to forums  ;)

lava1

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 12:55:12 PM »
Thank u for your fast reply, I am using the home edition.
But to my question #2.Iam talking after u click on the icon for Avasti the splash screen comes first than the screen to do a virus check and on that screen it shows your version 423.3,high,shows your last virus check u did and than (Virus Recovery Database(VRDB) Not Done Yet) that is what I am yalking about. The one u r talking about to (Generate Now) I don't understand u can explain that too after u explain # 2 thanks again for your help.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 02:20:33 PM »
423.3 is the VPS version (virus database)
4.1.396 is the engine version (program)
If Virus Recovery Database (VRDB) was not done yet, go to the 'i' icon on system tray, right click and choose 'Generate Now'.
If you merge the 'i' icon with the 'a' one, you can do almost the same: right click the 'a' icon, go to VRDB and choose 'Generate Now'.

Anyway, do not worry, if you do not intentionally disabled it, VRDB will be generated automatically in the next ours and renewed every 21 days.  ;)

lava1

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 02:46:37 PM »
Thanks for your help I did do that but nothing hapeen it was circling around.  So I wont worry.  and 1 more thing sorry to bother u once in awhile i get a message in my log in error that says  (AAVM intializion error unhandled exception) I quess I should not worry about too. Plus in the blue screen after splash screen I did not see the version 4.1.396 just the vrus update 423.3 so not seeing the version is okay too I quess. thanks for your help sorry to bother u so much.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 04:51:06 PM »
I get a message in my log in error that says  (AAVM intializion error unhandled exception) I quess I should not worry about too.

No, you must be worried if this occurs all the time.
Can you empty the log viewer (right click the events and delete them) and wait some days to see it again.
By the way, please, let the slider at the bottom (Debugger).

Plus in the blue screen after splash screen I did not see the version 4.1.396 just the vrus update 423.3 so not seeing the version is okay too I quess.

Ok, see the 'About' dialog (right click the 'a' blue icon on system tray). There you have more informations.

lava1

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 06:03:06 PM »
I am sorry to bother u again but what do u mean By the way I do delete it when it happens it just seems like maybe a window is not closing right and what do u mean by (the way, please,let the slider at the bottom (debugger) mean I am sorry to be so much of a trouble but I am new all this thanks again.  the message dose occur maybe 3 times a week when I shut down and I find it when I restart my computer I look in the logs every morning or when I put the computer on.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 08:27:16 PM by lava1 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 07:49:06 PM »
Let the slider at the bottom (debugger)

See help file for Log Viewer. Debugger is at the bottom of the list.
You will store all events that are above it.
Events stored in log files are divided into several categories for better readability. Here is the list and description:

Emergency. Dangerous for the whole computer (security, deleting system files).
Alert. Possible danger for the whole computer.
Critical. A critical program error, the program will be terminated.
Error. An error occurred, the program cannot work.
Warning. An error occurred, but the program can work or fix the problem.
Notice. Important information, everything is all right.
Info. Just information, everything is OK.

The last is Debug.

lava1

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »
Again thank u for your help so r u saying instead of having it on notice I should put it on (debug) and if I do that what will that do Thanks. I have it now on notice not Debug. Sorry for all these questionI ask.  Maybe I should clearfiy myself in where I see this problem when I click on yhe @ball and click on (avast! log viewer) it shows (emergency,alert,crical,error,warning,notice, &info is the last one in there)  and that is where I find it  in the Error part (Date time 260404 19:41:26
Application 526 Descripition AAVM Initialization Error Unhandled  Exception In AVAMP )   I hope I made it clear. The last time it did was this morning after I shut down and rebooted and this afternoon.  After I got done browsering. I  disconnect shut down and than restart the computer after I disconnect it happen again I checked the log viewer I mention.
Thanks again I am sorry again to bother u hopefully I wont bother U again. that is what happens when u get old u worry too much if u aren't young and up to new technology.  (LOL)  I am just trying to understand what u mean.  Thanks wait to hear from u. Thanks again

The last question I do have to ask after the other ones I wrote is  (when I go on vacation for a week what happens to the version I miss let say if it 423.0 will I still get that one and the others I miss when I connect or do I have to download them from somewhere on your home page please let me know that like I said I am very new to this thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 02:33:44 AM by lava1 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 04:46:57 AM »
I have it now on notice not Debug.

I put a picture of the Log viewer. You can set it at bottom to Debug.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 04:51:20 AM »
Error part (Date time 260404 19:41:26 Application 526 Descripition AAVM Initialization Error Unhandled  Exception In AVAMP) I hope I made it clear.

Just check for me: is the date really 26th April 2004 (26-04-04)?
If so, take it easy, things were corrected after this.
But if the error continues, I suggest you go to Control Panel and click on the Add/Remove programs. Search for avast antivirus and click on the bottom 'Change/Remove'. Then a window will pop-up and you can choose the option 'Repair'. See the picture bellow:

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 04:55:47 AM »
The last question I do have to ask after the other ones I wrote is  (when I go on vacation for a week what happens to the version I miss let say if it 423.0 will I still get that one and the others I miss when I connect or do I have to download them from somewhere on your home page please let me know that like I said I am very new to this thanks again.

Take it easy and be happy!
When you update, all avast virus database (VPS) will be updated.
You do not worry about the 'missed' updates.
If you stay a week on vacation and your run an update (or it is automatic) you will see the version going from 0423-0 to something like 0424-0.
The number of the week will change from 23 to 24. That number is:
Year: 04 (or 2004)
Week: 23
Number of the update into the week: beggining from 0 and endind at the last update of the week.

lava1

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 01:22:35 PM »
Thanks for your help I did put it on debug again I ask (why should it be on there instead of it on notice where it was orizinal. ) pls tell me what it will do.    Than to other question it dose not that date That is when I notice in april. it says the same thing but a different date and time. Thanks again      1. I did what u told me to do to put it on debug and now for some reason in (avasti! log viewer) it shows alot of things in the info part is that okay  Iam sorry to bother u so much like I said but Iam trying to understand what Iam doing. P.S.  I use windows 2000 when I click on avast icon in add and remove I didn't see the window above that so I quess I have to click on change and remove if I need to do that.   Again I wait to hear from u Thanks again !
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 06:10:03 PM by lava1 »