Author Topic: Scanning  (Read 3648 times)

goyndown

Scanning
« on: June 06, 2004, 10:26:31 PM »
How can I configure avast not to prompt me for an action each time a virus is found? I want to be able to start the scan and come back when it is complete and decide on the course of action.
Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Scanning
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 10:37:11 PM »
How can I configure avast not to prompt me for an action each time a virus is found? I want to be able to start the scan and come back when it is complete and decide on the course of action.
Thanks

Only in the Professional version you would be able to do that...
In Home version (free), you can only configure avast to 'Silent Mode' and with the default answer 'No' send the infected files to Chest. See the help file for the providers or see the settings of each provider at 'Advanced' tab  8)
The best things in life are free.

goyndown

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 04:09:21 PM »
I'm not sure where to go I have gone to all providers and have found silent mode "no" but I can't find where to set the send to chest option. Also is there a place where, as in Norton, you can set specific actions to take and in what order

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 08:51:50 PM »
I'm not sure where to go I have gone to all providers and have found silent mode "no" but I can't find where to set the send to chest option.

If you set 'Silent Mode' and 'No' as default answer this means send the file to Chest.

Also is there a place where, as in Norton, you can set specific actions to take and in what order

The Professional version has exactly this feature  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 09:06:41 PM »
Hehe i have the same setting :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog