Author Topic: Avast for Mac and Kaspersky for PC on bootcamp  (Read 5513 times)

Big Al

Avast for Mac and Kaspersky for PC on bootcamp
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:19:04 AM »
I have a Macbook pro running bootcamp with Kaspersky & Macdrive on the pc side and Paragon ntfs on the Mac side.  I share a lot of data on memory sticks while running both Operating Systems and want an antivirus for the Mac side that will also pick up PC viruses.  I don't want to replace Kaspersky on the Windows side, so should I buy Avast for Mac for the Mac side or Avast for Mac & PC?

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
Re: Avast for Mac and Kaspersky for PC on bootcamp
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »
I have a Macbook pro running bootcamp with Kaspersky & Macdrive on the pc side and Paragon ntfs on the Mac side.  I share a lot of data on memory sticks while running both Operating Systems and want an antivirus for the Mac side that will also pick up PC viruses.  I don't want to replace Kaspersky on the Windows side, so should I buy Avast for Mac for the Mac side or Avast for Mac & PC?

Hallo, first, download our package for Mac - there's a 60 day free trial. And yes, we catch the same set of viruses on both Mac and PC (so PC version catches Mac viruses and Mac version PC malware as well). Then, you can buy the license.

Btw. new beta with externally available incremental updates will be made public in few days.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)