Author Topic: avast! Skin Tutorial  (Read 47522 times)

CharleyO

Re:avast! Skin Tutorial
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2004, 05:44:15 AM »

Craftec - the Bionic & the blue one for Tipton look great!    ;)  

Tipton

« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2004, 05:56:38 AM »
I tried, believe me... ugly. Totaly dry and unuseable... I already integrated that image into dispaly area (it's not separate layer anymore), so if I want to wipe it out of the skin, I need to draw whole skin background all over again from the scratch... I usually keep all those layers, but believe me, this one would look so "empty" without that image... however, image is 50% transparent, so it's not like it's in the "first row"...

I believe it will fit on your desktop just like glove.  ;D

Cheers !

Yes I agree, it will fit fine. I really can't think of anything else to make it better....can you?

Douglas
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 05:57:00 AM by Tipton »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2004, 07:25:26 AM »
Nope, I really don't know what else to put inside, especially 'cause we don't wanna make circus out of it at the end...  ;D

I think it would be much better if we leave this skin just like it is... it will look even better when I finish it. Animations and button transitions will give final touch to the skin... I promise. I replaced blue display with same one but more liquid style in it... Animation of sliding panels will be minimal... you'll see. Skin is almost done, I just need to compile everything. All graphic pieces, button states and animations are finished, so tomorow I'll finish it.

Sasha

Tipton

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2004, 07:29:37 AM »
Nope, I really don't know what else to put inside, especially 'cause we don't wanna make circus out of it at the end...  ;D

I think it would be much better if we leave this skin just like it is... it will look even better when I finish it. Animations and button transitions will give final touch to the skin... I promise. I replaced blue display with same one but more liquid style in it... Animation of sliding panels will be minimal... you'll see. Skin is almost done, I just need to compile everything. All graphic pieces, button states and animations are finished, so tomorow I'll finish it.

Sasha

Cool, Can't wait to see the final product!

Thanks

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2004, 03:45:25 PM »
OK, skin is finished and this is screenshot of fully working skin...

I present to you guys, "Black Liquid" skin.

EDIT: I just sent skin to Vlk. Today is Sunday, so I guess we have to wait till next week...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 03:53:37 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2004, 03:50:38 PM »
What can I say...  ::)
I'm impressed again... Sasha, you're better and better  8)
The best things in life are free.

Tipton

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2004, 05:30:10 PM »
Downloaded the skin, and it looks and works great. The only thing I notice is that there is a notch out of the top of it....see red arrow in screeny. Is that suppose to be there?

Thanks

Douglas

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2004, 07:25:47 PM »
Suggestions:

1. The skin come back to the status information after you un-check all scanning options.
    Now, you cannot go back to the status without choosing it on the menu.

2. The left side windows could 'disapear' when not used (like any other skin)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2004, 08:00:48 PM »
Downloaded the skin, and it looks and works great. The only thing I notice is that there is a notch out of the top of it....see red arrow in screeny. Is that suppose to be there?

Thanks

Douglas

No, it's not supposed to be there. No one else has reported problem like that... Vlk checked all possible situations and I've got approval for uploading... It's working just like I showed to you on that screenshot.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2004, 08:05:33 PM »
Suggestions:

1. The skin come back to the status information after you un-check all scanning options.
    Now, you cannot go back to the status without choosing it on the menu.

1. It was always like that... no matter what skin you are using. That has nothing to do with skin. That is how Alwil coded avast! Maybe they wanted it to be like that.

2. Yes, I know, but I wanted to make one skin this way... just to be totaly different from all others. I could make them to disapear, like on all other skins, but I though this will be also nice.

Tipton

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2004, 09:01:54 PM »
Suggestions:

Yeah I agree, it would be nice if they would disappear. It would be really neat to be able to see the entire skin without the side windows in the way!

Douglas

Newton

Re: avast! Skin Tutorial
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2005, 08:45:27 PM »
Just wanted to add that I just discovered the bug Darren was referring to, the "Avast" that appears as the author even though he typed his name.

Of course, I know you probably found this out yourselves way before me, but I wanted to explain it here for future skin designers in case they wonder how to solve it.

Seems like the author string absolutely needs to be 14 characters (including spaces) or more, otherwise the Avast software replaces it with "Avast".

That's why SZ didn't experiment this bug, as his name is long enough not to generate the problem.  ;D

Newton

« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2005, 08:55:37 PM »
I also want to thank Martin novak for his tutorial, as without it it would have been impossible for me to achieve my aim of designing a skin for Avast.  ;)

As I am a total novice with the ActiveSkin software, I can tell you I believe he wrote enough stuff in there to make anyone create his/her own skin. Of course, as SZ also adds, it needs many hours before you can figure out certain aspects of the skin creation. 8)

But it's possible. So thanks again to all, Martin for his tutorial, SZ for his advice let into many threads I'm reading on these forums.  ;)

-Lex-

« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2006, 02:42:58 PM »
Sorry for my question but where I can get not compiled skin to load it into ActiveSkin? Just to try it and to learn how it works as described in the tutorial. On the skin page all skins are compiled and can't be loaded into builder...

whitesky009

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2008, 09:36:10 AM »
Hi to all members of this forum.. well i am just new here and i could see authors of the skins i download..I would also try to test my patience in creating my first avast skin but i don't have any activeSkin software on my pc. Atleast i have my photoshop cs3ex here. Would it be enough? and I also could not open the link to the tutorial. Could anybody help me?? thanks..  :-\