Author Topic: avast! Skin Tutorial  (Read 47398 times)

Tipton

Re:avast! Skin Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2004, 05:06:34 PM »
Yeah don't give up, thats a great skin. Hey make sure you change the background to a darker blue before you send it off!  :)

Douglas

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2004, 10:06:40 PM »
Hmm Quicksilver is the name. (any relation to the Mirror Drive Door Power Mac G4 codename Quicksilver?)
Well?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2004, 11:28:55 PM »
;D
Ok, so where do I send it? Do I zip it, or just send the 92.4 KB .aswcs file?
Thanks for the encouragement!

Send it to Vlk at his e-mail address. When they finish all tests, and if everything is ok, no glitches, animation is smooth without errors, they'll alarm you if it's gonna be uploaded right away, or you have to perform some fixes...

Darren

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2004, 03:49:36 AM »
Wel then, what about this one?

Thanks. I was wanting the XP look myself.

Thats is a really nice looking skin Darren. You have captured the XP OS look which I really like.

Douglas

Are you going to publish it for Avast users? Is there anyway to make the background color a darker shade of blue? I love the look of the  Acronis True Image GUI. (See screenshot) Your skin looks very similiar.

Thaks

Douglas

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2004, 04:03:18 AM »
Darren, I like it very much  :D
The best things in life are free.

Tipton

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2004, 04:05:08 AM »
Wel then, what about this one?

Thanks. I was wanting the XP look myself.

Thats is a really nice looking skin Darren. You have captured the XP OS look which I really like.

Douglas

Are you going to publish it for Avast users? Is there anyway to make the background color a darker shade of blue? I love the look of the  Acronis True Image GUI. (See screenshot) Your skin looks very similiar.

Thaks

Douglas

I love it! You captured the look I had in my mind.

Douglas

Darren

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2004, 03:16:11 AM »
Ok...I sent them to Vlk. We'll see how it goes.

CharleyO

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2004, 04:14:57 AM »

Very nice work on that skin, Darren ... especially since you are new to skin making!    :)  

Darren

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2004, 05:27:24 AM »
Thanks. Not new to skin making...new to avast! skin making. :)

Very nice work on that skin, Darren ... especially since you are new to skin making!    :)  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2004, 02:48:27 PM »
Thanks. Not new to skin making...new to avast! skin making. :)

Wellcome! Let's have more avast! skins...
I'm ansious waiting for yours  ;)
The best things in life are free.

Tipton

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2004, 04:42:08 PM »
I really hope that the skin gets published Darren. I have been requesting a skin like this for awhile. I love the icons, and the layout! Good luck!

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2004, 04:59:44 PM »
Yeah, finally we have one more guy to make skins... I couldn't make enough skins how many requests I've got from all users... Everybody is asking me to make skin like this, skin like that... too bad I don't have 8 hands like octopus...  ;D

Tipton, why didn't you let me know that you want to see XP-style avast! skin before ? All you had to do, was to IM me... everybody does that, so why didn't you ?

Darren, head up, everything will be OK. If Vlk find some errors, he will alarm you to fix them, and after that, your skin will be up there, in avast! skins download section... Good luck pal !!!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 11:34:53 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Tipton

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2004, 03:14:35 AM »
Tipton, why didn't you let me know that you want to see XP-style avast! skin before ? All you had to do, was to IM me... everybody does that, so why didn't you ?

Sorry, next time I will IM you. I have a good idea for a skin in my head, but how do I get it from there to you? I really like dark colors. I would love a skin with a black background, and liquid blue buttons. The pirate skin is my favorite if I had to pick a skin. Look at my screenshot of Winamp......I love this theme, and would love to see a skin that looks like this. Like I have mentioned before, my main use for an AV is right clicking and scanning files I download from the net. Full system scans are few and far between, but a skin that looks kinda like my screenshot would be cool!

Douglas
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 03:19:43 AM by Tipton »

Tipton

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2004, 03:23:05 AM »
For some reason my screen shot is not working. Let me try again.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2004, 03:37:05 AM »
Yeah, that's MMD3, best looking WinAMP skin ever. I'm using it myself, but I'm affraid that guy who made it originaly has all those graphics copyrighted... so I shouldn't play with that.

When I catch some spare time in the future, I'll see what I can do about dark skin with liquid buttons, but my way...

No problem Tipton...

Regards !