Author Topic: registration "Error: Invalid verification image code:  (Read 9115 times)

totally ignorant

registration "Error: Invalid verification image code:
« on: October 10, 2009, 01:27:42 AM »
When I try to register with the support center, I get an error message: "Error: invalid veritification image code." I'm carefully copying the alphanumeric that is provided to me (to avoid machines registering) and I'm retyping the user name and password. The license key was accepted so the problem isn't there.

(By the way, I reason I wanted to access support center was that whenever I turn on my computer, Windows 7 shows a bubble that says my "antivirus may be out of date" but when I click on the blue "a" ball at bottom of screen, it says avast is working. Do you happen to know the answer to that question too?)

Thanks for your help.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: registration "Error: Invalid verification image code:
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:34:08 AM »
First see if your computer time / date / mnd / year is correct, if not adjust and restart

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 01:39:55 AM »
When I try to register with the support center, I get an error message: "Error: invalid veritification image code." I'm carefully copying the alphanumeric that is provided to me (to avoid machines registering) and I'm retyping the user name and password. The license key was accepted so the problem isn't there.
hmmmm.....why the page problem....not sure...maybe somone else

i guess it is this one you are using http://www.avast.com/eng/home-registration.php
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 01:41:44 AM by Pondus »

totally ignorant

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 01:12:56 AM »
I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to your e-mail. I checked the time/date on my computer and they were fine. Just now, I tried registering again and this time I got a "validation pending" notice. The notice went on to say that I need to follow the email link to validate the account but nothing has shown up in my e-mail box yet. So maybe the problem is resolved? I'll get back to you either way. Thanks for your help.

totally ignorant

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 02:27:45 AM »
It has been roughly two days since I received the "validation pending" notice but the email address to which the validation was supposed to be sent remains without a validation notice. The only e-mail I have received since then has been the two replies I received from the forum. So something is still awry. I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 02:48:41 AM »
Can you check your email using the browser (webmail)? There could be a spam folder which, maybe, the emails with the license key were trapped.
The best things in life are free.

totally ignorant

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 03:01:54 AM »
I tried establishing a new user name and email address and this time, I did get a link to validate my account and the computer said I was registered. But then when I go to the avast support center website and I fill in the new email address and password and click on "login," I get the same response as I got with the original user name and email address: The computer leaves me at the support center website but says in red, "Invalid user name or password." I don't know if that information helps to clarify my problem because I truly am "totally ignorant" about computers.

totally ignorant

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 03:06:02 AM »
I"m sorry. I should have been more clear. For some reason, when I go to the avast support center and fill in the email address and password now (using either the original email address or the second one I created today), I don't get that "Error: Invalid verification image code" message anymore. Now I get the "invalid user name or password" warning. Thanks for your patience.

totally ignorant

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 04:43:12 AM »
I must have overlooked the tech response on Oct. 16th because I don't remember it showing up on my screen before. The email address to which Avast was supposed to respond with a hotmail address and I haven't set up any spam-catching folder for that account.  When I click on "Manage folders," I don't see any folder that might have automatically been set up by hotmail.
Thanks.