Author Topic: Student Pricing?  (Read 16721 times)

Ghostnuke

Student Pricing?
« on: June 08, 2004, 12:36:17 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I was wondering if a student reduced price was offered for Avast Pro?

zappafan

Re:Student Pricing?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 01:35:17 AM »
Never seen something like that.
Is this common for programs like this?

Ghostnuke

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 01:41:54 AM »
Yeah, a lot of companies will give you a large discount if you have proof that you're a student.

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • Be Safe. Be Smart. Use Common Sense.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 01:43:06 AM »
Hey Ghostnuke,

It's radicalb21. First let me welcome you to the forum. I'm an avast reseller in the USA. If you go to my website www.v1ru5help.org and go to the purchase link at the top of the page you can read the following:

"This discount is 50% off the list price for educational and charity institution and 30% off the list price for the health and goverment institution".

I am not sure if there is educational pricing for students but just to be safe I have sent an email to the sales department to check on this for you. I hope to have an answer for you some time tomorrow. You can contact me trough my website or via my profile using email or IM. Hope this helps.
iMac 21.5 " Mid 2011 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

zappafan

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 01:44:15 AM »
Okki, but as I say:
For programs like this?

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 01:46:53 AM »
There are few antivirus companies I know of that offer this type of pricing.
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

zappafan

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 01:52:17 AM »
There are few antivirus companies I know of that offer this type of pricing.

If so Il hope that even Avast do.
But havent seen anything about it.
Il think they talk like: Well we do have the homeversion, Isnt that good?"

Most of the others programs dont have any free versions at all.
Il hope that ppl understand....what I mean.

Ghostnuke

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 02:04:37 AM »
Hey Ghostnuke,

It's radicalb21. First let me welcome you to the forum. I'm an avast reseller in the USA. If you go to my website www.v1ru5help.org and go to the purchase link at the top of the page you can read the following:

"This discount is 50% off the list price for educational and charity institution and 30% off the list price for the health and goverment institution".

I am not sure if there is educational pricing for students but just to be safe I have sent an email to the sales department to check on this for you. I hope to have an answer for you some time tomorrow. You can contact me trough my website or via my profile using email or IM. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

As for other antivirus companies that offer discounts, I know for a fact that Eset offers a 50% student discount on NOD32.

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 02:16:07 AM »
Hey Ghostnuke,

It's radicalb21.  I post something as soon as I hear back from the sales department. I hope this helps you.
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 06:03:35 PM »
I just  got the reply from the sales department. They said it is a fifty (50%) percent discount which is the same as for an educational institution but I must also get a copy of the student ID so licenses are not misused. I hope this helps. If you would like to purchase the product please email v1ru5sales@v1ru5help.org and tell me which product you are interested in and the quanity and I will send you an email so you can purchase the product.
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

NAMOR

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 06:10:27 PM »
I just  got the reply from the sales department. They said it is a fifty (50%) percent discount which is the same as for an educational institution but I must also get a copy of the student ID so licenses are not misused. I hope this helps. If you would like to purchase the product please email v1ru5sales@v1ru5help.org and tell me which product you are interested in and the quanity and I will send you an email so you can purchase the product.

Nice. Might just have to take you up on the offer.... Do you use a payment service like Paypal?

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 06:14:36 PM »
Thats correct yes I do. Just send an email to v1ru5sales@v1ru5help.org with name of the product you would like to purchase and the quanity and I will send you an email back with a buy now link attached. Hope this helps. Thanks again for your business.
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

NAMOR

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 06:40:28 PM »
Thanks radicalb21. Still got some time left on the demo of the Pro verion, leaning more to buying it everyday. I'm sure you wil hear from me soon enough though...  ;D

Offline radicalb21

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 06:43:06 PM »
Thanks Namor. Can't wait to hear from you. Talk to you later.
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

eda

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 07:35:19 PM »
Little bit "official" statement by ALWIL Software:

Our company understand the tight budgets of non-profit, educational, goverment (why goverments are so poor with all our taxes  ::)) and health institutions. We decide to spare them some bucks and there are special discounts for them:

educational & non-profit (charity) - 50%
goverment (including local authority) & heath - 30%

And student can receive the educational discount - 50% too.

But companies in reds (producing no profit, loss only) can't apply for it. I'm writing it, because I was asked more than dozen times for such discount  :o ...

But we should believe that the institution can apply for these discounts - some approve is necessary. These discount is possible to apply in our online shop too. The special discount code will be sent upon request. And the discount pricing is available for purchases in our resellers too.

I believe that it'll clear the problem.

Eduard