Author Topic: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen - Trojan found in the temps of avast  (Read 6215 times)

Lem

TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen - Trojan found in the temps of avast
« on: October 22, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »
Hi,

another one in correlation with my message below: I have installed as a check a second AV-prog (Avira) and the scan of the latter has found the following virus quite a couple of times in different packed files of the temp folder for avast: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen - Trojan. Is this because these files contain the signatures of the viruses which become thus detected, or is there really something? ???

Many thanks

Lem

XP, avast 4.8

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen - Trojan found in the temps of avast
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 04:33:10 PM »
hey! you should never install two antivirus programs because the conflict with each other. and i think it might because of that you get this virus varning. but to be sure upload it to virustotal.com and confirm that the file is a virus.

hope this answer your question.

and welcome to the forum.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Lem

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 04:47:53 PM »
Dear Mikael,

Thanks for your suggestion. For the two antivirusprogs, there is a history behind. No worry, I will stick to avast and get rid of the less complete offer from the competitor (now I will get some lolly ;D?). I just would like one day or the other have a complete scan, of my hard disks and for the moment this is not working (see my post form this morning).

Cheers

Lem

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 06:05:47 PM »
This happens when avast! is scanning webpages with Web Shield. The scanned files are unpacked to HDD and that's when other AV's detect the malware. Either you properly exclude such folders or you just use 1 antivirus at a time.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 07:08:57 PM »
Dear Mikael,

Thanks for your suggestion. For the two antivirusprogs, there is a history behind. No worry, I will stick to avast and get rid of the less complete offer from the competitor (now I will get some lolly ;D?). I just would like one day or the other have a complete scan, of my hard disks and for the moment this is not working (see my post form this morning).

Cheers

Lem

no problem glad I could help:)
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Lem

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 10:07:33 PM »
This happens when avast! is scanning webpages with Web Shield. The scanned files are unpacked to HDD and that's when other AV's detect the malware. Either you properly exclude such folders or you just use 1 antivirus at a time.

Thanks RejZor.

I usually put anything detected in quarantine and yes, I usually have only one AV up and running. The second AV is already off the disc, as it didn't help in the case of my specific problem anyhow.

Cheers

Lem